Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

NON-BINKY KIDS: Did they suck their thumbs instead?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 127 Replies

Throughout CafeMom, I feel like a lot of people are under the impression that if a child did not/does not use a binky, then they would suck their thumbs (or fingers or something else). So for those whose children did not binkies, did they suck on something else?

My 3 year old never sucked on anything ever (unless she was eating as an infant of course).

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomofNikki2010
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Only when she nursed, that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jiffypop2207
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Ds used a binky till 5 months dd never used one neither of them suck their thumb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LMommy11
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I know this says didn't use binky, but I wanted him to suck his binky because he was trying to suck his thumb the day after he was born. I didn't want to deal with breaking the the sucking (I have a 30+ uncle that still sucks his thumb in his sleep). We have video of him in my belly sucking his thumb...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayDziedzic
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Only one of my three kids used a paci:  my youngest, on and off for 3 months. None of mine have ever sucked their thumb, or anything else.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Nope.No binky,no thumb sucking.

Paperfishies
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Nope, no thumb sucking with either of my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

breastfed

sleepy_in_va
I have 3 kids, none of them have taken binkies. None of them have sucked their thumbs either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05

My 1 year old used his binky off and on for 8 months when he was in pain from his severe GERD. If he wasn't in pain from it, he would just spit it out if you tried to put it in his mouth lol. He didn't suck anything else.

Quoting KayDziedzic:

Only one of my three kids used a paci:  my youngest, on and off for 3 months. None of mine have ever sucked their thumb, or anything else.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Nope. Dd only ever sucked on my boob or if we were in public and she was hungry while we were headed out she sucked on my finger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN