Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Whats the point????

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm sure every Mom goes through this. I just need to vent. Today I had planned on cleaning the whole house. I took the kids out to play earlier in the day and then was going to spend the rest of the day cleaning up.  So I start picking up all the toys. Trains put away in the truck where we keep them. Mega blocks put in the other truck. Kitchen stuff from my daughter's kitchen in that container. All put away.  No more than 5 seconds later, my 2 year old walked around the living room dumping them all out again. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Not to mention there was an entire bowl of cheerios dumped on the floor.  Somedays I wonder what the point is of picking up any toys. They all end up right back on the floor. Yes, I know I should have him help me pick them up but its just that I just did it and I turn around and he went from one thing to another and just dumped it all back out. Oh except the mega blocks that he threw across the room.  Sorry, just had to vent. Anyone else feel its pointless to keep picking these things up. 

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zolanmel
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I make my kids clean up their mess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I make my 4 year old daughter clean up after herself. My 2 year old only once in a while. Its just faster to do it myself when I'm cleaning up the whole house. I understand its important to make them clean up. It was just so frustrating to clean it all up and turn around and have it all over the place again.

Quoting zolanmel:

I make my kids clean up their mess

zolanmel
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Then wait till they are asleep. I never understood cleaning up while they are awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Good point. I just wanted to vacuum the floor and was trying to get the toys out of the way. 

Quoting zolanmel:

Then wait till they are asleep. I never understood cleaning up while they are awake.

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I like the one that says cleaning the house with the kids home is like eating oreos while brushing ur teeth.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Sorry didn't mean to sound mean

Quoting Wendsdy:

Good point. I just wanted to vacuum the floor and was trying to get the toys out of the way. 

Quoting zolanmel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

No worries. I am just one of those people who like to pick one day a week to clean EVERYTHING in the house top to bottom...including the kids :) I do all the laundry, clean bathrooms, all the room, everyone gets baths, etc.  Usually the rest of the week we do toy clean up just before bed. On that one cleaning day I kind of have to do it when they are awake because of all the noise. I am setting myself up for frustration though because they undo all that I do...but hey, sometimes I get that one minute of satisfaction of a clean house before they destroy it :)

Quoting zolanmel:

Quoting Wendsdy:

Quoting zolanmel:

beadingmom17
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I go through this often! Lol! What I end up doing is cleaning up after the kids go to bed, then prepping the vacuum and mop for the morning so while they watch their morning shows for a bit, I vacuum and mop.

Then in an hour something sticky is on the floor again, LOL! But I do what I can :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zolanmel
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I understand

Quoting Wendsdy:

No worries. I am just one of those people who like to pick one day a week to clean EVERYTHING in the house top to bottom...including the kids :) I do all the laundry, clean bathrooms, all the room, everyone gets baths, etc.  Usually the rest of the week we do toy clean up just before bed. On that one cleaning day I kind of have to do it when they are awake because of all the noise. I am setting myself up for frustration though because they undo all that I do...but hey, sometimes I get that one minute of satisfaction of a clean house before they destroy it :)

Quoting zolanmel:

Quoting Wendsdy:

Quoting zolanmel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)