Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How long should a child potty train?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
DS2.5 has been potty training for 5 weeks. He only uses the potty when he doesn't have anything on his bottom. At school he doesn't use the potty at all. What can I do to help the school train him? And how long do kids train for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OliviaW.
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I think it depends on the child. With my daughter she's almost trained (just not pooped trained completely).  Do you let him run around in undies or naked? I got cloth training pants for my dd and she doesn't like for them to get messy so she goes to the potty.

almostfound
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Naked, I tried undies but he still pees in them. Don't know what to do about that stich either

Quoting OliviaW.:

I think it depends on the child. With my daughter she's almost trained (just not pooped trained completely).  Do you let him run around in undies or naked? I got cloth training pants for my dd and she doesn't like for them to get messy so she goes to the potty.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I don't know what to tell you to do about that. My son did the same thing. If he was naked he'd run to pee everytime - on his own! As soon as anything was on his butt- diaper, pull up, underwear....he peed. Can I just say it was the MOST frustrating thing EVER!
My next child, a girl, potty trained herself in less than a week. At 25 months old.

Quoting almostfound:

Naked, I tried undies but he still pees in them. Don't know what to do about that stich either

Quoting OliviaW.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM

it all depends on the child- there is no answer. we started with my grandson right before he turned two. he wanted no part. but we still took him. he didn't care if he undies or pullups.. the last year he would stay dry during school hrs only. now as of may 25 he has been going and staying dry during the day. we are still working on night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)