Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he has a splinter in his face!

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Jen
  • 9 Replies

So my 24 month old ds tripped the other day and went face first into a bush! He has a lovely scratch along his cheek and a tiny splinter too. Dh tried to get it out while he was in the car seat but he only got part of it.

Do you know of any other ways to get it out besides sitting on him and then working it out? I do not want to tramutize him! Or is this just something you have to see a dr for?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
singlemom1208
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Warm compress maybe? Idk. I haven't had to deal with this yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBugMom09
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM
If it's under the skin, I think the only way is to squeeze it out. :( just llet him know what and why you're doing and that it might hurt a little. Maybe you can out some ice on it first to numb it. Sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:12 PM

If there's a piece to grab it, I'd sit on him and get it out.  But I wouldn't try if I didn't think I could do it quick.  If there's nothing to grab yet, I'd soak him in steamy baths as much as possible for a few days and let it work it's way out.   Good luck with the air conditioning bills!

pinkstar3
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM
2 ways. One. Get baking soda. Rub it where the splinter is. About 2 hours. It should be out. I only did this once and it works
Second: a white glue. Like u used for school. Pour it on the splinter let it dry. Then peel it. The splinter would come out when u peel it off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cuppycake91
by Cassie on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I've never tried it, but I just saw the baking soda one on pinterest. 

Quoting pinkstar3:

2 ways. One. Get baking soda. Rub it where the splinter is. About 2 hours. It should be out. I only did this once and it works
Second: a white glue. Like u used for school. Pour it on the splinter let it dry. Then peel it. The splinter would come out when u peel it off

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM
How do I get him to keep it on his face for 2 hours

Quoting cuppycake91:

I've never tried it, but I just saw the baking soda one on pinterest. 

Quoting pinkstar3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Wow I will remember these! My son has gotten 2 splinters in the past week and it has been complete torture taking them out :/

Quoting pinkstar3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherokeegoddess
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

use a small piece of potato. after awhile the acid from the potato will draw it out. my mom used potatoes on me everytime i got a splinter. worked like a charm.

bc19
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I always wait until my son goes to sleep and then bust out the tweezers and gently go after it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)