Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Have came to my house abt 4x and we've only lived here a month and half. 1x was because we was in the parking space that she needed. and the other 3 was because my kids were jumping too much and it woke her baby. I completely understand and ive been working on my kids (theyre 4, 2, and 11months). We take them to the park everyday for hours just so it can give the lady downstairs a break. we just got in at 11:00 and she's knocking at our door at 11:10. She comes by during the day too.

Now im stuck in a situation, im trying to see what i need to do. Before I took this apartment, the office manager meet my kids and everything. I explained to her i didnt want a 2nd floor apartment, she assured me "its ok, kids will be kids" and she told me not to worry abt it. but what am i supposed to do, when this lady knocks at my door? I feel like i need to move.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
LaMamiDeJase
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thanks for the ideas!No, we dont have an quiet hours, and i dont think the noise is waking her baby. It think its probably more annoying, she has a newborn baby and from my experience they can be heavy sleepers. But the lady above me, her kids run around, play basketball, and everything, it doesnt wake my kids it just very annoying to me. But i dont complain, because i know that their kids. But im going to the office on monday.

Quoting lverdone:

Are there certain "quiet hours"?  Maybe you could make a deal with her to be quiet after a certain time and maybe naptime?  Is the noise really waking her baby or is she just being unreasonable about the noise level?  

Maybe you could buy her a white noise machine so her kid will be able to sleep through the noise?  

NaturalMamaCZ
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
We moved twice because of downstairs neighbors. However federal law protects families and she is harassing you. Federal fair housing act. Google it :). That being said we moved because we want to live in peace and I celebrate my sons loud expression and want him to be free to be. But, technically, what she is doing is against the law. Peace and hope
it works out :)
mommy242012
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
When my oldest daughter was 2 we had a 3rd floor apartment and the people below us would constantly bang a broom on the ceiling whenever DD would move, she even complained to the landlord about "too much noise" luckily I moved out. Some people really don't get kids will be kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaMamiDeJase
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Thank you! i didnt know that, im going to check into it.

Quoting NaturalMamaCZ:

We moved twice because of downstairs neighbors. However federal law protects families and she is harassing you. Federal fair housing act. Google it :). That being said we moved because we want to live in peace and I celebrate my sons loud expression and want him to be free to be. But, technically, what she is doing is against the law. Peace and hope
it works out :)

teri4lance
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignore her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
If she has kids of her own you'd think shed be more understanding. Maybe ask when nap and bed times are and have your kids do quiet activities then?? Otherwise I think she's expecting too much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM

If the manager isn't worried, I wouldn't worry. If the neighbor is bugging you, talk to the manager and let them deal with her. She shouldn't be allowed to harass you. You are doing what you can. She will understand that when her kid is older. How old is this baby? Maybe she is sleep deprived...no excuse by the way.  Good Luck!

Abee2202
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto on the same situation. We have our 2.5yr old walk quietly after 7pm. But otherwise I could care less. We've lived here longer then them and the landlord doesn't really care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_told_you_so
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I agree.  Talk to your landlord.  If the previous tenents moved because of the woman too, maybe they can do something.   That or tell her that the landlord says you're fine and she needs to chill.   

I'm wondering about the parking space - are they assigned parking spaces or something?  Why did you need to give up your parking space for her???   If the spaces aren't assigned, I'd say that you need to tell her to MHOB.

Quoting LaMamiDeJase:

thanks ladies! I personally thing they are overreacting, but i guess everyone is different.

LML1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to take it up with the office manager and document everything : ) Do you have assigned parking spaces? If it's a free for all, tell her it's her loss. Stand you ground momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN