Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My DD is 19 months and the only thing she can say is mom. She has a cousin the same age who talks up a storm he his in daycare though , I don`t know if that makes a difference. I have been trying to teach her  simple words but no such luck yet.

by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Replies (11-14):
Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

My son was almost two and only said "Mama"  I started worrying. People were telling me to get his ears checked. My friend who is a nurse saw that he was folliwing directions and pointing at things and did all the other normal things.  I saw other kids saying tons of things and they were a year younger than him. Then about a week before his second birthday, he started repeating everything. It literally happens over night. Try not to worry. Every kid is different and does things in their own time. Really, it happens over night.

summerbear
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Don't compare your child to someone else's!! Or even to another one of your other children! EVERY child is different!! My 2 year old is a slow talker and so was her sister. My 11 month old son is so talkative and says things clearly!! Both of my girls crawled at 5 months and walked at 9 months. He started crawling at 8 months and shows no intrest in walking unless it is along something! They all focus on things differently as well. My second daughter was jumping and kicking a ball while running alot sooner than almost all the other kids her age! Start looking at what she is doing that the other's aren't and take comfort in that!!

Supervane
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Its well known that kids who socializE have major advantages.

Start taking her to playgroups. If you don't know anyone in the area with kids your daughters age join a moms group or start one up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1763
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

My Lo who is now 3 didnt talk really fast. I was a little worried . She was well into her 2's before she started really talking alot and then the sentences came. She did not go to daycare or preschool. My first daughter did and she was very quick to do EVERYTHING. I honestly would not worry. Kids do things at their own pace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN