Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Lessons..when did you start?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was hoping to get my daughters into some form of activity this summer. I was thinking dance since they seem to really enjoy it. So I'm curious, at what age did you let your dd/ds start taking certain lessons?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
My 5 year old started gymnastics at 19 months and she's still doing it now, though she's moved up into different classes obviously. She started tball at 3 and soccer at 4. Also swim lessons we started at 1 .We tried karate at 3 but the instructor looked like a biker and my dd was scared crapless :) with the baby we'll start her in gymnastics when she's old enough (15 months) and then see what else she.wants.to do as she gets.older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieDLewis
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM
my DS is 16mos and was planning on getting him in swimming lessons...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Mine started swimming at 1yr, gymnastics at 3yrs, and cheer at 4yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wjpassanante
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Ballet at 3 and swimming at 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

My ds is 4.5yo he started playing soccer after his 3rd birthday.

My DD is 2.5yo and we haven't found anything for her to do yet that I think she would like.

RachMeg08
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Art class, swimming and Gymnastics at 3 right before she turned 4. Unfortunately a broken arm booted her out of swimming and gymnastics but we are hoping to have the funds to enroll her again soon.
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
We tried piano cause his older brother does lessons. He is not quite ready yet so we will try again in the fall after he has been in kinder for a couple months. He will be 5 in July.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
our3
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM

My oldest was 4 when she joined soccer, she is now 10 and has been involved in something each year since. My DS is now 5 and we missed the t-ball deadline but he is doing the Jr Ranger program with the local state park and is joining 4-H come September. DD2 is almost 4 and for her we are just focusing on 4K starting come september. Next year she will join 4-H like the older two.

Isaacsmom5354
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Both of my boys started t-ball at 3 and swimming lessons at 4.

Logansmommy0810
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

The only thing DS does is swim lessons and we started those at 6 months. He is now 22 months.  I am excited though about flag football here when they are 3.  We will sign him up for that too when he is old enough :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN