Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

So my grandma bought a small 8in bunny for my oldest niece in 1997. My sister wouldn't let my grandma give it to her. Anyways when I had my daughter in 2009 my grandma gave the bunny to Kaitlyn. Well she LOVES this bunny, it has become  her lovey. I'm always afraid that we'll lose Mr. Bunny. Well I finally found one on E-bay. They want $25 for a 8in used stuffed animal!! I've been searching for over a year. I may just cave in and buy it. What if she can tell the difference?! Has anyone ever been in this situation?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Replies (21-28):
msjoecool
by Crissy on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM
When Jessie joined our family, her first foster family sent her with a lovey. Jessie had no interest in it. I had a lavender lab in her crib and she eventually adopted the lab's blankie. She had just turned one when I had permission to take her to California for Thanksgiving with my family. We all went to the Los Angeles Zoo and I got her a stuffed white tiger. We've lost Blanket twice and found one months later. I've bought three lavender labs ($20+ each) and we have one backup Blanket in a high kitchen cupboard. I'm out of luck if Tiger gets lost.

Before we got Emily, my parents found a lost blanket with attached dog in their yard the morning after Halloween. They left the DogBlanket on the fence so the owner could find it. When it wasn't claimed after a couple weeks, they brought it to Jessie. Jessie didn't want it. Within the last couple days Emily has started taking it everywhere. She calls it BlanketTiger like Jessie's Blanket and Tiger.

Out first placement was a paci girl. She adopted a largish white cotton blanket with yellow trim with a Winnie The Pooh pattern. When she went to parental visits, her birth parents took her comfort items away from her first thing. It always made me so mad. I heard from CASA that she was denied her comfort items when she was returned home. So not only did the state remove a healthy happy baby from the only family she'd known (she was 11 days when she joined our family and left at a year), but the transition was unnecessarily harder.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MammaBoom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My son(3yrs) has his "blanky" a friend made it for him when I was prego. if he's sick or really tired it's in tow. for the most part it stays in the house. he used to like a few othger blankts... but now really loves this one. I guess if I have to replace this I can ask her to make a new one.

ashboot
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM
When we discovered that our now 4 year old had to have her blankey we bought several of them in case it got lost. She now uses them for her dolls but when it's bedtime she will only use the one. No one but her can tell the difference. Even if they are all washed at the same time she can tell by smell which one is her blankey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjoshea
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

My son has 'doggie'.  Doggie was discontinued months after my son was born (almost 3 yo) and I didn't know it!   I don't let my son take 'doggie' out of the house unless we are going on an overnight/holiday.  I am too panicked we will lose him!   If I found one, I would pay $25 for peace of mind!

libramoon007
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

yes my dd has a blankie. and we have two. out of luck that we happen to have two. it was just a baby blanket that i got when i had her but one day she just woke up from a nap and wanted it everywhere she went. we can not leave the house with out it. there has been times that she just get so sad and at daycare they would have to have a replacement blanket. at times i leave one in  my car and one at my parents. i mean its crazy.  she has to have her blankie and yes she knows the difference.   oh and my nephew has this bear that he has had since birth and its like falling apart and he left it at my parents once and they had to send it in the mail.

LML1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I am going to bite the bullet and buy the second bunny. The seller on E-bay said that he would do free shipping. That's good. Maybe I'll wash it a couple times and put it in bed with her at night... Idk. Fingers crossed.

Quoting libramoon007:

yes my dd has a blankie. and we have two. out of luck that we happen to have two. it was just a baby blanket that i got when i had her but one day she just woke up from a nap and wanted it everywhere she went. we can not leave the house with out it. there has been times that she just get so sad and at daycare they would have to have a replacement blanket. at times i leave one in  my car and one at my parents. i mean its crazy.  she has to have her blankie and yes she knows the difference.   oh and my nephew has this bear that he has had since birth and its like falling apart and he left it at my parents once and they had to send it in the mail.

tiabear13
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM
My boy has a lovely - a small light BLUE lamb with a blanket. He got it for his baptism at 4months and has had it ever since. I have bought 5 more - after searching for more than a year for it - because we almost lost his lovey twice and it was super hard to find a blue one! (that's why I put the color in caps! Lol). It was also very, very upsetting to him when it happened!

We started to rotate them, so if he lost one or if one got dirty and needed washing, he wouldn't really know. We also keep one at his Nana's.

So, the funny thing is now he is three and knows they are different. Instead of being sad or upset, he's created a family of blue lambs! They all have names and go to sleep with him almost every night! (except the one at his Nana's - that stays for insurance!) We know this will end, so we just roll with it.
evilangel198431
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I bought my son a puppy with a blanket at big lots.... really didn't expect that he would like it much and he loves it. He calls it a her and her name is just puppy but if I had known I would have bought more than one because now they don't carry them. I paid 10 dollars for it and about 2 ft long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)