Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Anyone have tips on potty training?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 2 Replies

I typed in google "potty training tips" and this site popped up. It looked like a neat site so I joined :) Thought I'd start my first post. I'm strating to potty train my 18 month old. I think it is time. She has peed in her potty chair around 10 times but nothing consistent. She knows 80 words and can put words together (I heard communication skills are important when potty training?). She stops what she is doing to "go" in her diaper. The only thing is is that she never wakes up dry (another sign your toddler is ready?). Anyway, anybody have good tips on how I go about this? Thanks!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
angelbabies11
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Waking up dry can be a sign of readiness but just because she isn't doesn't necessarily mean too much.  Neither of my kids showed one single "sign of readiness" and both of my kids trained very easily.  She's still young so expect a lot of accidents.  She might not have them, but expect them :)  Just let her walk around naked or in underwear and take her every 20-30 mins.  Lots and lots of praise everytime she makes it and no judgment or frustation when she has an accident.  IF she starts to resist and/or cry when you take her, back off.  She needs to be in charge of this (because, really, she is anyway) so don't make it a battle.  Have fun and keep it casual.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN