Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

First time at Preschool

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is four and going to Preschool for the first time in September.  I LOVE the place, and she's all excited...but I feel kind of sad!!!  Did anyone else feel sad or anxious the first time their little one went to school?

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. My son is 4 in October and is going to preschool in September. I was second guessing myself. Wondering if I should keep him home another year. But I know sending him to preschool is the right thing. What are your thoughts?

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Yes, Idid.  For me, though, it was much sooner than I would have liked for either of my chidren since I have to work :(.  But, as long as you are comfortable with where they are, the transition will be quick :) :)

Good luck :)

PEEK05
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

No. My daughter went for half a year when she was 2.5 years old. I do it from home now.

Gweneveer
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I spent all last summer dreading my dd going to preschool!  I was SO sad when the day finally came.  She had an absolutely awesome year and now cant wait for kindergarten!  Im just glad to have her home again for the next six weeks.  Im finding myself dreading the start of school again....Im going to miss her!  

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I think I cried more than she did when I dropped her off!  I think I will cry even more with my second starting next month!

babowes
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Super sad.....then I loved my free time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmummy
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I completely agree with you!!  I SO want to keep her home for another year, but I think the best thing is for her to go...if for nothing else than the socialization, you know?  Its SO hard!  Its nice to know other people feel/have felt the same way - thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)