Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Those are my Panties!!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 19 Replies

I'm hoping that you ladies can give me some advice. I have 2 yr old, and a 5yr old. They are both potty trained completely. They wear about the same size of panties, and are always arguing over whose panties are whose. I finally got tired of trying to sort them and threw them all in the same drawer. Then a friend of mine told me that they shouldn't be sharing underwear.
So heres the question: at this age does it really matter if they share underwear? And if so why do you think it matters.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ewww. Put their names in them ..... or initials. Not that hard to figure out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zyceballos
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM
My boys are the same age and they share and as far as I'm concerned they will share til a) they are no longer wearing the same size b) they ask to no longer share
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I was pissed off that my friend have my dd her kids underware after they swam...there was no reason, I live right around the corner on the same sidewalk!,
I dont think sisters is so bad tho...not too gross yet :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

As long as they are clean when they are sharing, there shouldn't be a problem. When you wash clothes, they get cleaned. There is nothing wrong with them. Since they are girls and where the same size I personally don't think it matter. But if you do want them to wear separate ones, you can do the initial or name thing or you can buy different themes. One can have princesses and one Dora.

wife-4-life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I copmpletely agree. If they are sister its ok for a young age. If they are not related, that's just weird and gross.

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I was pissed off that my friend have my dd her kids underware after they swam...there was no reason, I live right around the corner on the same sidewalk!,

Everything Parenting!   Homemaker-Mom

carinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I wouldn't let them wear another child's underwear either. But since they are so little, and they are sisters I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Neither of them have any diseases, or anything to be worried about.
Not to mention that they like to wear different characters, so they changes their panties all the time. It's funny because EmmaLee will wear dora, fairies, and hello kitty all in the same day! She's very proud that she gets to wear big girl panties. LOL!

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

MammaPaparazza
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM
yeah they are sisters n young, I wouldn't let older kids share...and def not friends

Quoting carinsmommy:

I wouldn't let them wear another child's underwear either. But since they are so little, and they are sisters I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Neither of them have any diseases, or anything to be worried about.
Not to mention that they like to wear different characters, so they changes their panties all the time. It's funny because EmmaLee will wear dora, fairies, and hello kitty all in the same day! She's very proud that she gets to wear big girl panties. LOL!

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I woild just mark them with a sharpie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
like pps said, mark them. I wouldnt share my panties so why would I expect my kid to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lexismom0426
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I can't really relate as a parent since I only have one child and she is only 14 months old=) I do have a younger sister and I hope we did not share panties!! When my sis and I were that age I had Daisy Duke underoos and I would have had an issue if she tried to take them!! Maybe they could each have a drawer with their name on it.. Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN