Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
Do your toddlers have chores? Or things they help you with around the house and what are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Replies (21-24):
butterflykiss10
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

My oldest DS is capable of doing many things (and he gets an allowance) while my youngest DD (who is turning 4 next week) will pick up her toys, throw away her garbage, put her dishes in the sink, and since she knows her colors I could probably have her sort laundry (I did it at a VERY young age). DD needs constant direction and prompting to do anything, though she is a good helper. DS and I tend to my garden once in a while, otherwise I do stuff myself (since I like it done a certain way).

MamaMay007
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Yes. I found that focus on the family had some really good suggestions. (link below). Also my 2 year old is really into sorting things by shape. He presently gets to sort the silverwear (with supervision) as he thinks that is a game.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/parenting_challenges/motivating_kids_to_clean_up/age_appropriate_chores.aspx
Thewife06
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:21 AM

My 2 year old helps me stat & switch over laundry by handing me each piece of clothing to put into the washer, and me handing him the clothes for the dryer, and then he takes the clothes from the dryer to put into a basket.   When I do the dishes, he's right there with me and hands me dishes to wash.  He helps put his toys away during clean up time, puts trash in the trash can, plastic dishes in the sink, feeds and waters his dog....He helps all day long, but I wouldn't list anything as chores, it's just what we do during the day. 

TerriAnne2606
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM

We don't do set chores but she helps me water the garden and feed the dogs and make the coffee in the morning (she loves getting the creamer from the fridge) and she sets the table (not very well... but I'd rather have not very well than not at all), she is also expected to put her toys away after she plays with them - but I don't consider that to be a chore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN