Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Public-service Announcement

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 729 Replies
36 moms liked this

"Unless you've walked aa mile in the shoes of the mom of the kid who could actually die from eating a cashew or sesame seed, dont' roll your eyes over the special snacks or the nut-free camp rules."

A quote in my Parents magazine this month.  Made me a little happy to see it there, even if it was towards the back.  But very well said :).

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM
3 moms liked this

it's not too hard to avoid. not sure why people think it's a big deal.

Edit. Since so many people mistook what I was saying. I just meant that if say your childs school says not to bring a certain food to school, it's not hard to NOT bring it to school. I know if it was MY child with the allergy, I would want others to do the same, so why wouldn't I?

Kimedbs
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM
9 moms liked this

Amen!  My DD is allergic to peanuts, and while she is rarely with out me at this stage, I struggle with getting people at Church to understand and stop offering her foods that I haven't approved, and some of the family doesn't exactly get it either.  People need to understand that we aren't just being picky and avoiding a tummy ache or a case of hives, we are trying to preserve our children's lives.  I jokingly tell my husband that one day I'll have to tackle some old granny who's shoving a piece of candy in my dd's mouth when I'm not looking, but I'd seriously do it. lol 

zolanmel
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes very we'll said

Quoting corrinacs:

"Unless you've walked aa mile in the shoes of the mom of the kid who could actually die from eating a cashew or sesame seed, dont' roll your eyes over the special snacks or the nut-free camp rules."

A quote in my Parents magazine this month.  Made me a little happy to see it there, even if it was towards the back.  But very well said :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

:)

MrsKish
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM
My kids and DH are allergic to musterd of all things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree and neither of my kids have a food allergy.  

mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
3 moms liked this
My kids don't have allergies but I've always taken nut allergies seriously. You mean some people don't???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moogie1005
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I know a little girl who is allergic to many foods. Trying to find things for her to eat is difficult at best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
My dh is very allergic to poultry. Talk about a weird allergy.

Quoting MrsKish:

My kids and DH are allergic to musterd of all things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Campfield
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Glad to see this. My nephew has a peanut allergy and my sisters neighbor feeds the chipmunks peanuts and they leave shells in her yard. She cant convince her neighbor to stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)