Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PREK ALREADY?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 44 Replies

My 4 yr old starts prek on August 13th. School shopping for us soon. We will be getting back pack, new clothes, and shoes. Those who have kids in school any suggestions on what else we need? (She does not have a school supply list). 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy053008
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM

oh! And I already know a gallon sized ziploc bag with a full change of clothes (shoes included) is needed.

kyndiesmommy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Nap mat? Don't forget that if they take naps. Unless its half day and then you won't need that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

They actually have mats there, but that does remind me we will need a blanket. Do you have one that's been through PREK? Anything else I might need?

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

Nap mat? Don't forget that if they take naps. Unless its half day and then you won't need that

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

When my daughter started pre-k everything was furnished by her school,including her bag.They didn't do naps.

kyndiesmommy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM
No, my DD will also be entering the Pre-K this year, but I work in the pre-k. My DD has a list. I can list it for you and see if that helps

4 boxes of crayons

2 glue sticks

Play dough

Paint

3 boxes Kleenex

Back pack

Blanket for nap

Nap mat

Change of clothes

Zip loc bags (boys)

Package of wipes (girls)

We provide scissors, I dunno what your school provides, but you may also think of scissors and maybe a crayon box.

Quoting mommy053008:

They actually have mats there, but that does remind me we will need a blanket. Do you have one that's been through PREK? Anything else I might need?

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Funnily enough I work at the school she's attending we don't do a supply list they furnish the scissors, crayons, markers, paper and most the other stuff you named. The kids all bring different things. I know a water bottle for outside play is required as well as suntan lotion I was just wondering if I was missing anything else?

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

No, my DD will also be entering the Pre-K this year, but I work in the pre-k. My DD has a list. I can list it for you and see if that helps

4 boxes of crayons

2 glue sticks

Play dough

Paint

3 boxes Kleenex

Back pack

Blanket for nap

Nap mat

Change of clothes

Zip loc bags (boys)

Package of wipes (girls)

We provide scissors, I dunno what your school provides, but you may also think of scissors and maybe a crayon box.

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyndiesmommy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Sounds like you have everything. Can't think of anything else for ya!

Quoting mommy053008:

Funnily enough I work at the school she's attending we don't do a supply list they furnish the scissors, crayons, markers, paper and most the other stuff you named. The kids all bring different things. I know a water bottle for outside play is required as well as suntan lotion I was just wondering if I was missing anything else?

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

4 boxes of crayons

2 glue sticks

Play dough

Paint

3 boxes Kleenex

Back pack

Blanket for nap

Nap mat

Change of clothes

Zip loc bags (boys)

Package of wipes (girls)

Quoting mommy053008:

Quoting kyndiesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Thats weird. Why no supply list? Yet they require water bottles and such. How is a parent to even know? I mean, sure YOU work there but what about other people?

mommy053008
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
They give out a start of Prek enrollment sheet, but I didnt know if its customary to buy extra stuff? They have like bring water bottles blanket back pack extra clothes etc

Quoting mypbandj:

Thats weird. Why no supply list? Yet they require water bottles and such. How is a parent to even know? I mean, sure YOU work there but what about other people?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

They will tell you if she needs anything else.  Every Pre-K is different with there requirements.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)