Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Beat the Heat Challenge Day 9: Splash Carnival...WIN a Bonus Prize!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:51 AM
  • 204 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are finishing our last day of the Beat the Heat Challenge with a splash carnival! Your kids will love the idea of playing games and earning tickets for a prize!

One lucky member who participates in today's activity will receive a CafeMom Frisbee and Beach Ball!

Materials Needed:
  A prize (lollipop, stickers, ice pop, etc)
  Buckets
  Balls
  Sponges
  Frisbees
  Paper (markers, crayons, printer, etc)
  Little pool optional

I printed out tickets, but you can also make them with paper and markers. When my kids won all the tickets I made, they got an ice pop for their prize!

The first game we played was a big hit and so simple. I filled up four buckets of water and handed my son two balls. Every time he got the ball in the bucket, he earned a ticket!

For the second game I filled up a little pool, added some frisbees, and had my kids try to throw sponges onto the frisbee. They earned tickets each time a sponge landed on a frisbee. If you don't have a small pool you can just put the frisbees on the ground.

When the games were over, the fun continued with a splash party in the pool!

What prizes you would give at the end of your splash carnival? What tips do you have for beating the heat this summer?

Giveaway rules:

• The Toddlers Giveaway starts 7/31/12 at 6 am (ET) and ends 8/2/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries entries to receive a CafeMom beach ball and frisbee.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 8/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Beat the Heat Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:13 AM

This is a cute idea. My friend and I were just walking about doing some kinda end of summer party for our kids .... might do this.

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:18 AM
how cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecolton07
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Cute idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimedbs
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I like this idea.  We've done a carnival style water shoot out before using plastic water bottles (w/ a hole cut in the side and painted red for a target) and water guns.  Shoot until you fill the bottle to a certain level. 

Home made snow cones or frozen banana pops would make fun prizes. 

IncognitoOne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Awesome idea! As far as prizes go: water balloons, sidewalk chalk, plastic shovel and rake. 

LexRi0709
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM
This seems fun! But I'm going to have problems doing this because I'm in an apt and we don't have a backyard area. Wow I can't wait to own a home so we can try all these fun ideas and then some!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I love it! We would probably give out, ice pops or ice cream or something along these lines!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:54 AM
This looks fun. I like the bucket idea. I would probably use ice cream as prizes or mini tootsie rolls and fun sized candy bars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MargauxG
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:09 AM
That looks fun!!
Shawna510
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Oh how fun. The girls will get a big kick out of this. Prizes, I would do ice pops, princess rings or jewelry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)