Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

what sounds like a good bedtime for a kindergartener?

I have a daughter who starts school this Tuesday. Her bus will be here around 6:30 or 7:15 (hopefully 7:15) to get her. She'll need thirty mins to get dressed. So what sounds like an appropriate bed time for her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
cherokeegoddess
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

mine is at 8 we start the bedtime routine at 6:30 and by 7:15- 7:30 he's brushed his teeth, story read and lights out by 7:45 he's usually passed out by 8- 8:15 at the latest

Prissy_Gurl
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM

My kids go to bed at 7:00 p.m. and wake up at 5:00 a.m. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I think that just depends on your child.  My kids don't meltdown very easily and can get by on little sleep if it happens that way so I don't stress bedtime too much.  If your daughter is like this then 8:30 is fine.  If she's a kid who has to have 12 hours or is a monster the next day then you'll have to move her bedtime up.  Only you know that :)

Quoting proudmommy03457:

Her bed time has been 8:30 so I have been wondering if I should make it earlier when she starts school or if 8:30 is still okay. This is my first little one in school so I have no idea lol Plus our school doesn't have nap time so I am so scared she'll get tired during school:(

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

for that early, probably 8.  our school will start at 9:15 so my son will probably go to bed around 9pm.

Beth (32) DH (37) Tyler (5 1/2) Bayley (3)

Paperfishies
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Just depends in your kiddo. Start with the latest you will allow, then see how she is...if she is grumpy and overly tired start by cutting it back in 30 min increments.

My 8 year old has a 10 pm
Bedtime and has since preK, on school nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:12 PM
We don't have to worry about it too much so the kids are in bed between 9 and 10 and get up between 7 and 9 depending on what we did the previous day. Dd is homeschooled though and ds will be in afternoon preschool.
doulala
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM

6-7pm to start, you might need to start getting her up at that time for a while to ease her into it.      If you start when school does the first days-weeks can cause more anxiety and stress, rather than be relaxing.   
GL!

Jemia
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

mommaFruFru
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
How long does it take her to fall asleep? My bous wake at 7 and bedtime is 8, asleep by 9:30
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eliot6girls
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I'd say 8 should be good :)
Fyrestar68
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Anytime between 7 and 8. Experiment throughout the first couple of weeks, find out if she is extremely exhausted at the end of the school day or if she's fallen asleep in class. Adjust accordingly. My son started out going to sleep at 730pm, it worked for us. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN