Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Be honest

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you ever want to start a new career if you already invested time, school and your energy?
It is hard for me because I am 30 and I know I have a good job and thank god we are financially secure but I just feel unfulfilled, and feel like I should be doing something else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jakesmom323
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I chose the education and career of business management and if I could do it all over again, it would all be different. I'm a SAHM and will be for another 5 years at least till both kids are in kindergarten. Even then, I'll only be able to wrk part time somewhere due to my husbands excessive hours/schedule. I'll probably never fulfill my dream jobs goals financially, but feel very blessed that I can raise my children full time. It's never too late and I say go for it! Put some resumes out;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I'm a SAHM and when my kids are in school full-time I plan to return to work in either a charitable field or donig something fun BUT I generally believe you should be happy in your career.  Before I had my son I worked in a small law firm as the office manager/secretary/paralegal/etc.  Basically I ran the place and I LOVED my job and my co-workers.  Even on my worst days I never wanted to quit, it just was a bad day.  I feel the same way being a SAHM.  Even when my kids are at their worst I never wish I was back in an office getting a break from them, I just wished DH would come home early!  Regardless of how you spend your days I think you need to be happy or what's the point? 

PEEK05
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I don't have a career.

shadow_lark
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I've never had a career, so i wouldnt know. I am trying to make a career out of writing, and so far its all good.  I feel happy the morning after i wrtie and i can actually sleep at night

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

You should be happy with what you are doing. Going to work miserable is never fun. I got laid off a year and a half ago and we are in deep financial trouble but I was miserable at work and I thank God everyday that I don't work there anymore. 

calvinsmommy18
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I have a job but def not a career. And am not using my degree. Sometimes its depressing but a part time job is about all I can manage right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I chose nursing as a career and I have no regrets. I love my job, and if I get tired of it, there are so many other things I can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Oh man, my problem is that I want to do everything!!!!! LOL

My degree is in social work. I just didn't understand what my other options were back then. I thought they were business, dr, lawyer, teacher or social worker. I would have liked nursing but I wasn't confident in my math/science skills back then.

I don't work in social work at all. I have been a childbirth instructor, a doula, a Breastfeeding counselor and currently I am a parent educator and a child passenger safety technician. :)

I did go back to school for speech language pathology. I finished all my under grad work and was going to apply for grad school but by then, I was considering audiology. And so I couldn't decide so I quit and had another baby!!

I'm very happy where I am now - anything to do with babies, prenatal to preschool is right up my ally. Who knows what I'll do in the future? My friend keeps telling me to take the IBCLC exam. I told her sure. Right after I become a midwife! LMAO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ArfarasMom
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I am a SAHM and love it. There's nothing I'd rather do. But once my kids start school (worst day of my life I'm sure) ill get into something I'm sure. My advice to you though would be that you have one life to live, do what really makes you happy :)
artsypoet13
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Thanks ladies,I really.appreciate ypur honesty and encouragement, I thought I was alone in my feelings for my career life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN