Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make snack time fun for your kids and stress free for you?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 105 Replies
2 moms liked this

Parenting is oftentimes stressful but snack time shouldn't be! We gave 10 moms Target Up & Up Food Pouches to enjoy with their children. They will be sharing their honest feedback here, so keep checking this post to see what they thought!

Tell us about your snack time tips. How do you make snack time fun for your kids while keeping it stress free for you?

*** The CafeMom Team  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Check out what some of our influencer moms are saying about Target Up & Up Food Pouches!

IncognitoOne says:
The boys loved the Up&Up Food Pouches!! I tried a little of theirs and I liked them too *shh*.

kcangel63 says:
I was able to take the lid off, and it had a straw end that my 12 month old used to suck the food out. He emptied it in about 30 seconds. LOL!

Mrs.Velasquez says:
I love the convenience of just opening the cap and letting my baby feed he self. It's great for on the go too.

erikays says:
When we got home, my son just haaaad to try a banana one lol. His response was, "Wow, this thing is delicious! Can i have another please?"

Mommavieve says:
I think they make great, easy snacks and my kids enjoyed eating them.

kcangel63 says:
They are easy to pack and travel with. They are a great snack on the go, or just to have around the house.

Read on to see what other moms are saying!

IncognitoOne
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I got my Target Up&Up Food pouches today! The flavors sound so good, I can't wait to try them. DH is working late tonight, so we'll be having a late supper, I'm going to try them with the boys around 6:00 since that's when we'd normally have supper and hope they hold their hunger until DH can get home :) 

*UPDATE* The boys loved the Up&Up Food Pouches!! I tried a little of theirs and I liked them too *shh*. These will come in handy with soccer season starting next week. It will be something quick they can eat betweeen games and before practices.

I usually (and still will, so they're not eating the pouches EVERY DAY) slice apples and oranges, or have baggies of grapes and cheese for snacks, and sometimes cheese crackers for snacks.

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

kcangel63
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I got my Target Up & Up Food Pouches today. I was kind of surprised that it was labeled as baby food. The older kids (4, 5, and 8) were kind of sad, and wouldn't touch them. However, the great news was that my 12 month old LOVES them!

We got 6 pouches. I only have 4 pictured because Jacob downed 2 already. He ate the Banana and the Apple Sweet Potato pouches. That leaves us with a banana, banana plum, banana pumpkin, and an apple pouch.

I love how the caps are colored, so you know basically what flavors you have by looking at the color. I was able to take the lid off, and it had a straw end that my 12 month old used to suck the food out. He emptied it in about 30 seconds. LOL!

I had never tried Target brand food. I probably would have not bought these before trying them. After trying the Target Up & Up Food Pouches I would definitely buy them. They are easy to pack and travel with. They are a great snack on the go, or just to have around the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

we received the Up & Up food pouches yesterday. I didnt realize they were similiar to the other baby food pouches, i thought they were going to be more like the pouches for older kids. I let my son who is 4 try an apple one and he seemed to like it, even though its technically baby food. my daughter who is 7 months doesnt quite have enough coordination to hold and use one herself but i held it for her and let her taste some. Both kids seemed to like them. I'd buy them if they were reasonably priced but Target is kind of far from us, almost 60 miles away is the closest store.

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I received the pouches today, and as you can see already put them to use with my 7 1/2 month old. I have already tried the gerber food pouches, so I was quite familiar with them.

I didn't know target had its own brand of Baby food pouches. So this is the first time I am trying target up & up.

I love the convenience of just opening the cap and letting my baby feed her self. It's great for on the go too. I tasted a little bit of it and it tasted good. My 4yr old wasn't intrested.

My 7 month old enjoyed the pouches, and had some fun feeding herself along with making a mess. Over all I liked them and so did my daughter, I will most likely purchase these for her.

Thank you to the cafemom team for letting me be a part of the program. I hope to be part of many more :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM

These are the ones I received :) I'm on mobile so I couldn't post both pictures in the same post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I didnt get the influencer thing but ive tried them along with other brands. My boys (1 & 2) both love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I wasn't part of the influencer program but my husband has gotten these for me when I've been sick. I had a few when I was in the hospital with a kidney infection and when I've been in bed with bad migraines. I liked them bc they were easy for me to eat without sitting up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 2:49 AM
I got my target packs a few days ago. Looove them. My ds is 13 months, and they are so convenient. I usually buy the gerber or beech nut ones. But I like Targets so much better. Target has a larger variety and they're much cheaper. Perfect to throw in my purse for my ds for when we are on the run. I put one in the freezer, and it was like a banana smoothie, he loved it. I will definitely be purchasing the target ones, instead of the other brands. I also shared one with my sisters 2 year old, he loved it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Make snack time easy LOL.  I have some snack cups of different sorts.  I have a few Target Dollar ones they usually have in that dollar section.  I als ohave some munchkin ones with the rubber tops.  And I just put some goldfish or something or another in there :).  Caden also does a lot of stuff on his own.  I put juice boxes, chocolate milk boxes, yogurts, fruits, etc. in the fridge ready to go.  He just pulls out a serving and can usually feed himself.  That's a total life saver for us :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)