Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How do you make snack time fun for your kids and stress free for you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Parenting is oftentimes stressful but snack time shouldn't be! We gave 10 moms Target Up & Up Food Pouches to enjoy with their children. They will be sharing their honest feedback here, so keep checking this post to see what they thought!

Tell us about your snack time tips. How do you make snack time fun for your kids while keeping it stress free for you?

*** The CafeMom Team  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
natesmom1228
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quoting metalhealthmom:

I wasn't part of the influencer program but my husband has gotten these for me when I've been sick. I had a few when I was in the hospital with a kidney infection and when I've been in bed with bad migraines. I liked them bc they were easy for me to eat without sitting up!

That is a great idea.

natesmom1228
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

My son loves fruit pouches. I haven't tried the Target brand, yet.

Same here.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM

My son has lots of food allergies including lots of fruits but he could have the apple ones so I think I will give them a try.  Thanks for saying what the consistancy was like because this whole post so far I have been trying to figure out if they were like juice or what, lol. 

Quoting erikays:

Hello Ladies!

I'm Erika and I'm a mother to a 7.5 yr old, 3 yr old and 22 month old! We were chosen to a review on the Target Up & Up food pouches!

What arrived:

6 food pouches: Apple, Banana (2), Banana Pumpkin, Apple Sweet Potato and Banana Plum.

Portable and convenient they were! I grabbed one before rushing out the door, to get my oldest from school. It was easy for my 22 month old to eat in the truck, without making a huge mess, while we waited for my son.

When we got home, my son just haaaad to try a banana one lol. His response was, "Wow, this thing is delicious! Can i have another please?" LOL!

My kids have tried other Up & Up snacks, like the puffed grain snacks and those puffed wheeled shaped snacks, when they were a baby. I tried the apple sweet potato one out of curiosity and it was actually REALLY good! I also loved the texture of the apple sweet potato and apple one, had a applesauce texture, not too creamy. We kept them all in the fridge, so it was a nice cool snack, on a hot day.

We def will be buying the food pouches again! My daughter gets bored of the same snacks sometimes, this will be a great change up and a healthy one for on the go too! :D

Thanks Cafemom and Target Up & Up!

skydiving

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Snack time for my toddler is easy, we get the puffs, yogurt balls, cookies and crackers, cheese, and fruits. she likes the fruit pouches as well.

Madelaine
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Sounds good!

Madelaine
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Good ideas too!

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I havent tried the target ones but I have tried many other ones. I think these pouches are good for little kids. my friends 3 month old hardly eats and wont touch most fruits but I encouraged her to try these for him and he actually likes them.

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

They are great on the go too. I usually keep 1 or 2 in the diaper bag so if im running around she gets a nice snack.

Quoting Mommavieve:

I got mine a few days ago. My 3 yo DS inhaled two of them and I helped my 11mo DD eat hers. She loved it, but wouldn't hold the pouches herself, so I just kind of squeezed them into her mouth, which she loved. I think they make great, easy snacks and my kids enjoyed eating them.

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

they actually make some for bigger kids. they keep them in the applesauce aisle. 

Quoting kcangel63:

I got my Target Up & Up Food Pouches today. I was kind of surprised that it was labeled as baby food. The older kids (4, 5, and 8) were kind of sad, and wouldn't touch them. However, the great news was that my 12 month old LOVES them!

We got 6 pouches. I only have 4 pictured because Jacob downed 2 already. He ate the Banana and the Apple Sweet Potato pouches. That leaves us with a banana, banana plum, banana pumpkin, and an apple pouch.

I love how the caps are colored, so you know basically what flavors you have by looking at the color. I was able to take the lid off, and it had a straw end that my 12 month old used to suck the food out. He emptied it in about 30 seconds. LOL!

I had never tried Target brand food. I probably would have not bought these before trying them. After trying the Target Up & Up Food Pouches I would definitely buy them. They are easy to pack and travel with. They are a great snack on the go, or just to have around the house.

mamivon2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I wasnt part of this influencer. but I usually have a snack plate ready when they come home from school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)