Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

really important...(piog)

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok the thing is my son the other day told me his peepee hurt. he then took his pants and underwear down to show me. he was a erection. he i only 4 years old. he is in school. he attends special ed 4 days a week because he dont really comprenhend half of what we tell him and i really need to know how to explain to him that if it happens at school that he cant show his privates to the class and that he can get in trouble for it. since summer vacation it has only happened twice....please help me try to explain it to him....

sad

by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilyBeansMom
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Bump for help...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Well, as for the erections, I would say that's totally normal.  Especially if he needed to pee.  But with him saying it hurts, if you don't see any thing on the outside, take him to the dcotor.  its possible he has a UTI.

Good luck mama!

2and2onway
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM
The erection is normal, the pain is not. Have him checked and inform his teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Quoting 2and2onway:

The erection is normal, the pain is not. Have him checked and inform his teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

i agree unless it's possible that he's using the word "hurts" to explain the strange feeling of the erection.  my dd doesn't like to be snuggled and even if i lay my hand gently on her leg at bedtime she'll push it away and say "ow".  I know it doesn't hurt but that's just her way of saying "don't touch me".  my son uses the word "spicy" for carbonated stuff.  maybe ask him to describe the feeling a little better.  if it truly is pain, have him seen by his pedi.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Beth (32) DH (37) Tyler (5 1/2) Bayley (3)

Western_belle86
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Are you sure he means its painful? My Ds used to say it hurt I think he just didnt understand how else to explain the feeling of it. You should just explain its normal and just retell him that his privates are ment to be shown to everyone

2and2onway
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:08 AM

My son tells me his penis "tickles" when its hard. He could be using hurt because he does not know what the feeling is and its uncomfortable for him.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

i agree unless it's possible that he's using the word "hurts" to explain the strange feeling of the erection.  my dd doesn't like to be snuggled and even if i lay my hand gently on her leg at bedtime she'll push it away and say "ow".  I know it doesn't hurt but that's just her way of saying "don't touch me".  my son uses the word "spicy" for carbonated stuff.  maybe ask him to describe the feeling a little better.  if it truly is pain, have him seen by his pedi.

Quoting 2and2onway:

aries1984
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

no i believe him when he says it hurts. we have to see a urologist. he is constently have yeast infections. hes uncircumsized and he has never allowed to me to pull back the skin to clean it. i wish we had different medical because the drs here WONT do anything for anyone...we had to take a friend to the hospital in the next state because this one is really stupid...they wouldnt do anything here but their 8 month old son was diagnoised with grand mal seziurs and the drs here said it was nothing....i have no trust in this hospital....

Quoting 2and2onway:

My son tells me his penis "tickles" when its hard. He could be using hurt because he does not know what the feeling is and its uncomfortable for him.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Quoting 2and2onway:

.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

i agree.

Quoting 2and2onway:

Gweneveer
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I have no boys....but here is a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN