Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Caillou

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 65 Replies
6 moms liked this
We don't really watch too much tv, but I put this on for my 2yr old while I was nursing my 2 month old...and wow! This show is annoying. He is so whiny and throws little tantrums. I turned it off-can't have Ryan pick up anymore tantrum ideas ;-) haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
i hate that show
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM
11 moms liked this

My son has watched that show for about three years, and I think it's a great show. I don't feel anything negative about it.  :-)

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

its my little guys favorite show... I dont mind it very much... hes very whiney BUT... my DS isnt to bad... :)

LovelyDayz
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

My daughter loves that show, but I never really actually pay attention to it.

owl0210
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I watched one episode and that was enough for me. 

kailu1835
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of educational shows are actually acheiving exactly the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.  I get that they are trying to show that the negative behavior does more damage than good, but kids at the target age they're going for don't grasp the morals of the stories.  They just see the bad behavior, and then model it.  Heck, my 6 year old is only just now starting to grasp the concept of the moral of the story, and able to understand the reasons the behavior shown wasn't good.  I have always had to be SO careful of what I let him watch.  Anything with even a resemblance to violence had to be avoided.

jakesmom323
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM
10 moms liked this
I don't spank my kids and I'm against child abuse but I would punch Caillou in the face! Sorry...just had to vent;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

it's banned at my house.  that kid drives me crazy.

MamaHome
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM
5 moms liked this

I can't stand that whiny little fucker!!!

arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this
We've been watching it at bedtime. I've actually started to like it. I think he models good behavior and interaction with peers, I've seem empathy and doing what he knows is right. Sure he whines sometimes but he's supposed to be 4. Gotta be realistic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)