Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

picky eater

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 2 yr old son used to be such a good eater until the past couple of weeks he's become picky andmealtime has become stressful trying to get him to eat. Any suggestions?
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM
No idea. My 4 yr old is among the pickiest of eaters. He always tries to steal my food though. He eats better for his grandparents too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM

It's totally normal for this age.  I remember my son going thru a phase at one point where he ate dinner MAYBE once a week.  It's typically a control thing.  Don't beg, don't plead, don't bribe.  Offer what you offer and make sure that he has at least one thing you know he'll eat (that's healthy).  If he's hungry enough, he'll eat.  Don't make him something extra.  Offer his food and then leave it alone.

Brandy85412
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

This!  And your doing your job making and offering food. His job is to eat it.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

It's totally normal for this age.  I remember my son going thru a phase at one point where he ate dinner MAYBE once a week.  It's typically a control thing.  Don't beg, don't plead, don't bribe.  Offer what you offer and make sure that he has at least one thing you know he'll eat (that's healthy).  If he's hungry enough, he'll eat.  Don't make him something extra.  Offer his food and then leave it alone.

PEEK05
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Just keep offering food.  He'll eat when he's hungry he enough.  He will not starve himself to death.

LilyBeansMom
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Dd is 18 months and has always eaten anything. Suddenly she is flat out refusing her favorites. Today daycare discovered if they mixed all her turkey and cheese into her yogurt she would gobble it down so fast! Go figure. Silly little phases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wauseonmom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM
My 2 yr old use to eat almost everything. Now she will only eat what her brother will eat if he is eatting the same time she is. Unless we feed it to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM

If its only been the last few weeks, has anything at home or elsewhere been kind of stressful on him?  Perhaps something has triggered it.  Also, how old is he?  Could it be taht his growith is slowing right now and he's just not going through a growth spurt right now?

LarissasMamas
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM
As a lot of the moms have said, its normal for this age. I have found w DD 19mos, that she eats more if I use her play plates and containers that
ambermario4ever
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Don't give in. My brother used to eat almost anything. Then he stopped and became picky and my mom let him be. He is now almost 15 and because she did not make him eat things the only things he will eat now are chicken nugget, fries, fired chicken legs, peanut butter crackers, pretzels , and cake. And most of that food has to be a certain brand or homemade as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)