Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
My 2 yr old son came to me today, and we were talkin and I looked at his eye and it was all puffy. I asked him if he hit his head and his reply " no mom " however as the day went on it started swelling more, so I called the on call nurse and she told me that he probably just side swiped the table or something and that he just didn't realize it. Well my son is the type that if he hit his head / eye brow area that hard for it to swell then he would have been screaming. The eye is not bruised, nor does it look like a bug bite and its huge definitely bigger around than a quarter. The nurse just told me to watch it. I'm just curious. Anybody with comments ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Replies (21-25):
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

any update hun?

LilyBeansMom
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Dd had the exact same thing. Pic looks identical! Even looked all purple and bruised and was just the one eye. I was all freaked out and called my sister who runs an opthalmology office. She told me to give her benadryl and give it a day or two because it was just an allergic reaction - probably to a bug bite I just couldn't see. She was right. It cleared up just fine but it took a good day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hismommy092610
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we went to the doctor today and it was only a bug bite, it swelled up like it did because the skin around the eye is loose. However the swelling went down during today and the spot where he was bite was able to be felt/seen. The doctor prescribed him benadryl and said that he would be just fine. (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I am so glad that it wasn't anything serious. 

Quoting hismommy092610:

Yes, we went to the doctor today and it was only a bug bite, it swelled up like it did because the skin around the eye is loose. However the swelling went down during today and the spot where he was bite was able to be felt/seen. The doctor prescribed him benadryl and said that he would be just fine. (:

calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad his swelling went down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN