Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Need help getting your toddler to eat veggies?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

My toddler has always given me trouble about eating his vegetables. Recently, my husband came up with this brilliant idea to help my son. So everyday now, for breakfast we make him a veggie shake. It consists of different veggies that we experiment. How we're able to make them taste good to where he'll drink it, is put a banana in. The banana overpowers the taste of everything in the shake and he doesn't even know he's drinking healthy. We use half a cup of carrots, broccoli, banana and 2 cups of milk, Blend it up and you have yourself a veggie shake. We recently added more to his shake. Half a cup of celery, spinach leaves, carrots, cucumber, banana, 2 cups of milk. When using celery though, you have to be careful because it isstrong so you might want to use 2 bananas. Hope this helps some of you struggling moms out there and you can feel better about your child's nutrition.

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrincessZelda89
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Good idea! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NyiaBaby216
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM
great idea, thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Sounds interesting. I am lucky that my kids will eat atleast some veggies willingly, especially the ones in the garden

Gweneveer
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Tfs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM

We make smoothies with lots of random veggies and fruits. We usually do orange juice as the liquid though because milk doesn't allow your body to absorb iron very well. But it's still hit or miss on if my son will drink it. I make them for me though!

conejoazul
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM

good idea. we count ourself lucky because our son actually reaches for / asks for vegetables of all kinds, but who knows when the stubborn-toddler-head will rear up on that topic as well, so this is a good idea to keep in our back pocket. thanks for sharing it!

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Smoothies are a great way to get kids to eat veggies, because they don't know they are eatin them :).

I also really like juices with veggies in themn too....Fruitables or CapriSun V.

Also, dips.  Kids love dipping things.  If they can have ranch dressing, hummus, guacamole, etc.  Try letting htem dip thier vieggies :) :) 

PEEK05
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Thanks! That sounds like a good idea.  Mine only like certain fresh/frozen veggies.  I would like them to eat other ones and will still offer real ones to them but blending up the other veggies they don't eat sounds like a really good way to get them all the other vitamins/nutrients from the other veggies!

CLG122
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that's brilliant!  I can't believe I never thought to try this!  My 3 year old is a great eater, but the 2 year old is NOT.  I may buy a food processor tonight...

HarrisonMD
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I like that idea! I'm going to Walmart tomorrow to stock up! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)