Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juice.

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 15 Replies
How much is enough? My seventeen month old only drinks v8 vfusion, unless we are out at dinner. Should I still only let her have two cups of half juice half water, or is it okay to let her have four since its only half juice? How much juice does your LO drink a day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Juice is a treat at my house.  It is high in sugar and unnecessary.  For a child that age, I only use juice to battle constipation when necessary.  If it were me, I would cut out ALL juice and get her in the habit of loving water.  I wish my parents would have done that for me.  I'm pretty bad about drinking water so my kids get juice boxes for school lunches and for special occasions.  Otherwise it's milk or water.

Jasuzha
by Janet on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
She only needs 4 oz. of juice a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM
My ds has 4 cups aday but half and half .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
If she doesn't have at least the one she doesn't go, and it causes her upset belly from not being able to go.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Juice is a treat at my house.  It is high in sugar and unnecessary.  For a child that age, I only use juice to battle constipation when necessary.  If it were me, I would cut out ALL juice and get her in the habit of loving water.  I wish my parents would have done that for me.  I'm pretty bad about drinking water so my kids get juice boxes for school lunches and for special occasions.  Otherwise it's milk or water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

My almost 4 year old drinks about 4 oz. a day.

I keep a sippy cup of 4 oz. diluted juice in the refrigerator for my 9 month old to drink throughout the day.

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Same here.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msjoecool
by Crissy on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I don't monitor it.  I give the girls whatever they want.  I fill the cup most of the way with water, add a dash of prune juice, and then fill with whatever juice we have.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

bpryce
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Ds has one sippy cup of 100% juice a day. Its to manage his constipation. If he doesnt have it it hurts him to poop. If he has more than that he gets diarrhea. I think as long as your child is eatting enough real fruits and veggies then nutritional there is no need for juice especially since its loaded with sugar
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I dont monitor it all that much.

My kids dont ask for juice all that much, so when they do, I let them have it.  

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Yeah, I understand.  My kids have had horrible times with constipation over the years.  I would just give her the bare minimum and stick to water.  Water is also a great fighter against constipation so push tons of it!  Add some fresh lemon or orange to make it interesting!

Quoting vrbtnseele:

If she doesn't have at least the one she doesn't go, and it causes her upset belly from not being able to go.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Beth (32) DH (37) Tyler (5 1/2) Bayley (3)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)