Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Why have diaper changes become so difficult?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 36 Replies

My 2ish toddler has made diaper changes a nightmare. He kicks, screams and scratches, you name it...it makes life very difficult for me. He would rather sit in his soiled diaper? Is this about control? Is everything about control?

by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I have no idea. My 3.5 year old potty trained at 2 and never fought me.  My 16 month old doesn't fight me either.  Here's a bump.

FabLife
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Give him a book or something while you try to change him?

Feeling Chatty? Join Us http://www.cafemom.com/group/117888

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Caden never fought me either really....but his baby brother I can see being a fighter.....he's 10 months old now and tries to wiggle out of it lOL>

Nichole0403
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM
My 15 month old does the same thing!! You practically have to pin him down because he's trying to roll away, then he kicks as hard as he can. I try giving him something and he just screams and throws it. But as soon as his butt is changed he is his normal happy little baby self. If you figure out what it is please let me know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommabear1038
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Same happens here ,not everytime,but def very often.two toddlers.lol I've came to realize EVERYTHING IS A BATTLE,a fight,everything is stressful-diapers,meal time,walks,playtime,lol-they don't share their toys,I always think "if they only knew now that they are brothers.stuck in the same home together for years to come.and that they would have so much more fun playing together once they got in the rhythm of it" eerrr!!!!! Then other times they are such calm sweet angels....

Quoting Nichole0403:

My 15 month old does the same thing!! You practically have to pin him down because he's trying to roll away, then he kicks as hard as he can. I try giving him something and he just screams and throws it. But as soon as his butt is changed he is his normal happy little baby self. If you figure out what it is please let me know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

When DD started fighting diaper changes at 18 months, we put her in underpants and started potty training. She took to potty training really quickly at that point, so maybe this is your son's way of saying he's ready to potty train?

tiredtoddlermom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Is it hard to potty train if he is a late talker?

tiredtoddlermom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I am not really sure how to potty train, to be honest. Time to start my research!

IQuitCounting
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM

No idea, mine never fought and potty trained super easy... bump.

bc19
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM

At  that age I had to stop laying him down to change my son, and had to learn to do while he stood up. Thankfully he potty trained very shortly after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)