Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Chubby fat pad..?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi there! I am the mommy to an adorable 4.5 month old (born 5/5/12)

He is chubby and has a chubby fat pad around his penis. His a little pillsbury dough boy! lol. Anyways, the fat pad around his penis causes it to pull his penis inward a little bit. The head is completely visable (he is circ'd) but his shaft is "in" his chubby pad. You can see a little bit of the shaft, but I have to press down on his fat to get the rest of it to pop out! LOL Our pediatrician says this is completely normal. We have a friend who is a pediatric urologist, and he also said this is very very normal for chubby boys and he sees it happen all of the time.

Apparently, as he gets bigger (walking and crawling) he will thin out, and his fat pad will slim down, making the shaft more visable.

I wanted to post here because some of you may have experienced this when your toddlers/kids were babies..so I'd like to see if when they thinned out, if it all came out?...lol

Has anyone heard of this? Experienced this? any mothers of little boys have experienced this with their little ones? As they got older did it "appear" more??? I'm not worried about it, but I have a couple mama friends with boys and their boys don't have this. However, their boys are longer and leaner. My man is chubby/stocky...like a linebacker! hehe.

I appreciate ANY advice/support/feedback....etc. Thanks so much!!!

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexRi0709
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I only have girls so here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Idk. My son just had like some extra skin and I asked the dr about it and he said it was just there for "room to grow" it didn't look terribly abnormal though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beco8627
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM
My boys were very fat babies, so they had that penis issue as well...my first was so chubby that it would actually get stuck...like the fat glued itself to the penis, and the Dr would have to pretty much peel the skin from the penis, which was painful for my little guy :( but as he got older, he slimmed down and yes, as his penis grew, it now sticks out just normal. Around 1 or 1 1/2 is when it stops being an "innie" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniL05
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Yep my oldest was a very chubby baby and he has that as well! He is almost 6 now and it's pretty much gone away! No worries! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Yep my son had hidden penis when he was a baby and I was worried too. He's almost 6 now, thinned out a ton after 2 years old and looks totally normal now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:33 PM
My ds was quite a chubby baby, 25 lbs and 28.5" at 6 months old and he did not have that problem. He is intact though so I don't know if at has any effect.
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yep, I am going through this now iwth Leo....funny thing is he isn't that chubby LOL.  ALl of his fat is around his penis LOLOLOL.

But yep, his ped. says that's normal and it should go away along with his baby fat :)

skittles2011
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM

my son was like that as a baby. when he started crawling and walking he thinned out and no longer has the 'hidden penis' issue.

AshleyT1016
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I think that some babies are born with a lot of fat over their pubic bone. This is mostly common with chubby boys, but sometimes boys are aren't really that chubby could still have most of their fat over their pubic bone. This is just a guess, lol. Because I have seen that some chubby boys don't have this problem...so I am thinking it's more of a "build". Some boys are more stocky, and carry weight in their pubic area, theighs..etc.

I would like to know how common this is. My pedi acts like she sees this all the time. Like half of boys have this or something. I would like to know about how many boys have this.

I know goggole can be a mothers worst nightmare, but I have found some stuff online about it that makes me worried. Thats why I was looking for support.

The more mommies who say that their little boys thinned out and it came out, I think it will make me feel much better!

I appreciate all of the help ladies ! I have checked this over and over looking for new responses! lol

piwife
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM
My baby was born 5/8/12 lol but I had a girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)