Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Fun for Fall Challenge Day 1: Apple Stamping!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 145 Replies
5 moms liked this

Thank you for joining our Fun for Fall Challenge! We're kicking things off with a really fun and easy activity for fall-- apple stamping! All you have to do is cut an apple in half and let your toddler or preschooler take it from there!

Materials Needed:  
 Apples
 Knife
 Paint (ink would probably work too)
 Paper
 Optional Supplies (paint brush and paper plate)

We made apples and pumpkins!

Here's the finished art! I painted stems and leaves on the apples to finish them off. For the pumpkins, I painted the top two faces to show my son an example and he painted the faces on the bottom two!

Has your child ever been apple or pumpkin picking? Are you planning on taking your kids apple or pumpkin picking this year?

If you haven't signed up for the Fun for Fall Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gweneveer
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Love this idea!!!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM

cute idea

deadlights86
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Cute we don't have apple or pumpkin picking places around us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Adorable!!! I love when my DS did this in school I am sure my 2yo would love it also

LexRi0709
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I remember doing this as a kid! I haven't done it with my girls yet, because I haven't had the extra money for paint. Hopefully this next paycheck I can get a few art supplies for my girls!

lfig720
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

cute idea!  I am planning on taking my DS apple and pumpkin picking next month...will probably make two different trips out of it.  It'll be his first time going.  I love those fresh donuts and cider!

Greekmama21
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

We've already been apple picking this fall and oddly enough did apple stamps last week. 

We went to a pumpkin patch yesterday and picked a few pumpkins but will do our main pumpkin picking this weekend/ next weekend. 

I will definitely have to do the apple stamps to make them look like JOL's, stinking adorable! 

MommySwiggles
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

cute =)

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Love the idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

That's adorable! We're taking Violet (shes almost 2) to the pumkin patch this year. We're in Texas so there aren't apple orchards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)