Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my four year old

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 17 Replies

i wake my son up at 7am. school is at 8

he does not like to go to bed at night. and hates to get up  early.

husband gets him out the door my child is crying i dont wanna go.

he gets him to school. he acts a fool i dont wanna go no... everyone is looking at him.

he says f it and brings him back home.

im like are u serious. so i have to get dress so i can take him told him he is not staying home with me.

thinking i really need to make him stop crying. anyways i can make it tough...

its like this every morning.... need helpfrustratedbackpack

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smallfry3280
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

what time do you try to get him into bed at night? do you guys have a bedtime routine? maybe he needs some more time in am to wake up before heading to school?

mariosmommy254
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

i let him watch tv. until 9pm

read him a book. tell himi love him and say plz go to sleep.

but he will just lay there

smallfry3280
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe you could start turning the tv off like an hour before bedtime and let him unwind and then read him a book? i know my daughter is 2. 5 and if she watches tv all the way up to her bedtime we have a harder time getting her settled. so i have started turning off the tv about an hour before and she is better( not perfect) but better

Quoting mariosmommy254:

mariosmommy254
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks i will try that tonight

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Try an earlier routine.
Ask him why he doesn't want to go.
Turn TV off @ 8 give him a bath read a couple books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VaLaRiE
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys are both in bed by 8, I think at 4 years old a 9pm bedtime is late. I would maybe try an earlier bedtime....maybe he is not sleeping enough? So u have a morning routine? Maybe a routine would help? I def think your husband bringing him back home is not a good idea. He needs to know he has to Go to school and coming back home for throwing a fit isn't going to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariosmommy254
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM

thanks ladies. im gonna have him go to bed at 8:30

he does not like to eat breakfast. i know its important..

fallenstars
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
I think that time is way too late. I would start by having an 8 oclock bedtime I would only let him watch tv unfilled about 6:30 7 then after that it should be time for bedtime routine. Brush teeth get a bath read a book get tucked in. Maybe try making him get up at 630 am so by the time its time for bed he's tired. I don't know if you're letting him watch tv in bed but I would NOT let him watch tv in bed. It doesn't give him any real down time. Hope Yall can figure something out for everyones sake.

Quoting mariosmommy254:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I would mmove up bedtme  some. My older two are 9 and almost 7 and go to bed at 8-8:30 on school nioghts and get up by 6:30(they leave at 7:45) to gve them a little extra time to wake up and relax before school. My youngest is almost 3 and goes to bed around 7:30

Love2BaMom77
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I put my 4 y/o to bed at 8 PM.  I keep him busy.  My lil guy is a morning persone  so he gets up around 7 all on his own have you thought about getting him to bed earlier.  Do a bath with some lavendar body wash maybe make him some warm milk with honey, the honey has properties for helping with sleep.  Does he like hot chocolate?  That might work too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)