Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Chicken Pox :/

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 13 Replies

So my dd is going to the doc today. My husband noticed she had a few spots on her back and he said I need to watch it in case it starts to spread. Well this morning she woke up and had a few more bumps under her arm. Now she has one on her leg :( Has anyone delt with chicken pox lately? How fast does it spread? The bumps aren't filled with puss but one looks like it might be getting there.

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiLsMaMa21
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Bump

PEEK05
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Nope, I have no idea.  I've never had the chicken pox and neither have my kids.  Here is a bump.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

my son had them last year. it took a few days of just a couple bumps popping up. I thought they were bug bites and then started to worry it was bed bugs. (he would wake up with just one or two bumps on his forehead each morning. they looked like pimples/bug bites)

then he stayed the night at my dads and when i picked him up the next day he was covered in bumps and I knew what it was then!

If it is chicken pox i would let the doctors office know before you go. I know my sons doctor did not want to see him and said if we for some reason had to come in to call when we got there and the doctor would come out to the car.

chicken pox generally aren't very serious.

LiLsMaMa21
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son had them last year. it took a few days of just a couple bumps popping up. I thought they were bug bites and then started to worry it was bed bugs. (he would wake up with just one or two bumps on his forehead each morning. they looked like pimples/bug bites)

then he stayed the night at my dads and when i picked him up the next day he was covered in bumps and I knew what it was then!

If it is chicken pox i would let the doctors office know before you go. I know my sons doctor did not want to see him and said if we for some reason had to come in to call when we got there and the doctor would come out to the car.

chicken pox generally aren't very serious.

Thanks! She just has those few spots, they haven't spread yet so idk. We told the doc that it might be chicken pox and that we weren't for sure. They are having us come in but what they will do with us then I don't know. Lol.

aidenmomplus4
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I can't remember and I had them as  child  but it's been too long, best advice go to the doctor. 

storkradio193
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I just took my daughter to the doctor for some bumps.  They turned out to be bug bites.  She swells up big for bites and had a good number of them one morning.  Anyway, the doctor said that chicken pox start at a person's core and then spread out slowly from there.  They also do not develop at the same time, so there will be bumps in different stages.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

LiLsMaMa21
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:23 PM

So it wasn't chicken pox...thank GOD!...but and allergic reaction to a few bug bites.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM

glad she's not sick but I was actually glad when my son got chicken pox lol. i'd rather have him get it over with young. he is sad that he can no longer get them :/ he loved looking for new bumps every morning. LOL

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

So it wasn't chicken pox...thank GOD!...but and allergic reaction to a few bug bites.

LML1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

That is good news. Was he vaccinated for chicken pox? I remember getting ckn pox when I was younger... it was awesome. So I made sure that my dd was vaccinated so she didn't have to go through that awful experience.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Don't be sad if she has them. It's the best way to be immune. Much healthier then the vaccine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN