Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Fun for Fall Challenge Day 6: Autumn Family Tree

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's activity will be fun for the entire family and is something you can do year after year to see how much your tree (or the leaves on it) grows!

Materials Needed:
 Paper
 Optional supplies (crayons, paint, markers, glue, etc)

My original plan was to do my family tree with painted hand prints, but with a 1 year old and a 3 year old that wasn't working out for us. So we went to plan B and traced our hands to create autumn leaves. You can try either paint or paper for your tree!

What are some activities you like to do as a family? How often do your kids see their extended family like grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Fun for Fall Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
babygurl6162008
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM

cute idea will have to try it. my son see his exended family not very often they live outa state but the ones that do live in state i try to take him to see them as much as possiable

Tree-Tree
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I love love this idea thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becca8871
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM
So cute! Sammie will love that! Thanks for thanking the time to share with us to have fun activities to share with our children too! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
What a cute tree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM
We love going to the park and having a picnic. She sees her extended family about every other week. We try to take her to visit as often as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmetz4

I need to come in this group more often. This is cool! I really like the leaf people too :)

hlzcmjzajz
This is really cute!
My kids see a lot of dh's family; they're a very close knit family so we visit quite a bit. My family, on the other hand, we see a couple times a month.
We enjoy spending time together outside- whether its camping in the summer, going to fairs & carnivals, raking leaves in the fall, sledding in the winter, or planting flowers in the spring; as long as we're outside we're happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

That is neat. The kids do see some of their family a few times  ayear, not as often as I would like though

stacy2607
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I love this.. We will have a big tree when we are done.. We have 9 children and DH and I. :)
CafeMom Tickers
Madelaine
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Very cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN