Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun for Fall Challenge Day 6: Autumn Family Tree

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's activity will be fun for the entire family and is something you can do year after year to see how much your tree (or the leaves on it) grows!

Materials Needed:
 Paper
 Optional supplies (crayons, paint, markers, glue, etc)

My original plan was to do my family tree with painted hand prints, but with a 1 year old and a 3 year old that wasn't working out for us. So we went to plan B and traced our hands to create autumn leaves. You can try either paint or paper for your tree!

What are some activities you like to do as a family? How often do your kids see their extended family like grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Fun for Fall Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
baby7810
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

thats cool

littlecolton07
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Cute idea. They see extended family pretty often. As often as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Joy on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM
cute! dont really get to see extended family as they live in different states
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lildensmom
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I love this! What a fun idea. I will frame it afterwards!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

We have got to do this soon. I might even get some extended family in on it, like grandparents and an aunt my kids are really close to, and write everyones name at the bottom of their hand. We see my side of the family about once a month, as they live in the same state. DH's family lives 1,000 miles away and we see them once or twice a year.

PEEK05
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My kids see my mom a couple times a week and their cousins, aunts, and uncles once every couple of weeks or so.

littlesippycup
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM

OMG! This is the best one yet. We don't have a lot of family but we do have friends that are as close as family :-)

aJiG827
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM

how cute!

mommaofive
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM
That's adorable! We don't have a lot of contact with our extended family, as my side lives far away and hubby's side seems to have a problem excepting my kids as part of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Great idea! This will make a wonderful project for Thanksgiving gatherings!

We go bowling, walk around the neighborhood, go to the park...

They see their extended family quite often. All of the family live pretty close by, the furthest is about an hour an a half away! They are very close with their cousins!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)