Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

WHAT IS THIS NICK MOM CRAP??????

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM
  • 156 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so upset tonight.  I hate it that Nick Jr. has no turned to an adult channel from 10pm -2am EST.  (Much earlier for other time zones)  This is horrible.  How could they do this?? My kids get in bed at night and watch their favorite shows to be able to wind down at night.  I also keep their tv's on in case they wake up in the middle of the night.  I can't do that if this garbage is on.  Mom's do not go to Nick Jr. to watch television.  We have plenty of shows to watch on many other channels and I personally would be interested in the crap that they are trying to show to moms.  This was the only channel that was 24 hours, without commercials, and my kids absolutely adored the shows.  Please join me and the rest of the moms that HATE this Nick Mom idea and go to the Nick jr. website and complain.  I don't need adult tv on Nick Jr. and my kids don't need to be exposed to that. 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Well there are plenty of other good kids networks. Try one of them. Qubo is 24/7 kids shows.
kailu1835
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Out of curiosity, your kids go to bed at 10 pm?  And fields beat me to it... qubo.

sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I wondered about that with the time zones...So, on the west coast, Nick mom starts at 7 PM? That would suck...my kids don't go to be till 8 and 830 usually. 

What kind of shows are they airing on Nick Mom? I've seen the advertisements, but not the actual shows. 

sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kailu1835:

Out of curiosity, your kids go to bed at 10 pm?  And fields beat me to it... qubo.

Qubo must not be everywhere. I've never heard of it. Nick Jr is the best kids channel we have, and we pay extra to have it as an option. 

RLT2
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

What? Nick jr is not going to be jr all the time now? that blows

kailu1835
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Channel 33 in Washington.  33-2 on Antenna.  There is also PBS kids, though I don't know about nighttime.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Quoting kailu1835:

Qubo must not be everywhere. I've never heard of it. Nick Jr is the best kids channel we have, and we pay extra to have it as an option. 

babiesbabybaby development

FruitfulReward
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I don't have Qubo.  I have seen it briefly on another channel on a Saturday or something but we don't have 24/7 Qubo. 

jacandjay
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM
What about the Boomerang channel? It has shows like the flintstones... and Tom and Jerry the old stuff :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FruitfulReward
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

No, I put them to bed at 8 or 8:30.  It doesn't mean that they go to sleep at that time.  I work late and we don't get home until late and have dinner and baths.  Some nights they don't fall asleep until well after 10.  No big deal for us, it doesn't throw them off or their days.

Mipsy
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Theres a nick mom now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN