Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Your child's teacher and Facebook

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you FB friends with your child's teacher?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 312

View Results

Are you friends on FB with your childs teacher? Do you expect to be? Does it matter what age your child is? ie: I'll be friends with childs teacher until she is in grade X. I have a kindergardener, and thought contact with the teacher would be pretty easy thru FB. Should I be 'bothering' her through there, or should I be using the email address she provided at the beginning of the school year?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
aidenmomplus4
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be best not to friend your child teacher, if you need to speak with her it should be in a formal setting during her business hours.

BramblePatch
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I homeschool, but I probably wouldn't. I am friends with several friends who are teachers, though, and I am shocked how much they post all day. If they taught my kids, I would be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

no...and i wouldn't want to be. i don't want to know what they do in their personal life because it's none of my business

taz1993
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
i have her daycare teacher but wont have her kindergarten teacher unless she sends me a request. if i need to talk to her i can send an email or call the school and leave a message
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

No and I do not want to be, lol

flowrsgalore
oh my poor stomach. Girls scout camp did a number on my guts. I cannot eat like that & be ok. ugh
Yesterday at 11:38 AM
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Nope.  I do know that other parents in my daughters class are friends with her.  I don't feel like I know the teacher well enough to request as a friend & to me it would feel nosey making that request now.  I'd would accept if she wanted to be fb friends though, so I guess what difference does it make really.

JenniL05
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I am FB friends with my kindergartener's teacher but only because we graduated high school together and we've been friends for years. I am lucky! That said though I never bother her with school stuff on there, I only go through the school's system for things like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemia
by Shekella on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I just use email.

KayDziedzic
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I only fb friend people that I speak to regularly in real life. So no, I would not be friends with my kids' teachers, because we don't hang out outside of school. If their teacher were a friend of mine, then we'd probably be fb friends.

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

It's against school policy for students or students parents to be facebook friends with their teachers or childrens teachers, they strongly suggest that the teachers don't even have a facebook. If you have to contact the teacher, do it through email, facebook is way too personal and casual to be contacting her about school related things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)