Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Your child's teacher and Facebook

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you FB friends with your child's teacher?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 312

View Results

Are you friends on FB with your childs teacher? Do you expect to be? Does it matter what age your child is? ie: I'll be friends with childs teacher until she is in grade X. I have a kindergardener, and thought contact with the teacher would be pretty easy thru FB. Should I be 'bothering' her through there, or should I be using the email address she provided at the beginning of the school year?

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Replies (131-140):
JessicaEOH
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM
You need yo use the email address provided...FB is not appropriate for parent/teacher conversation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luuckymommy
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I am a preschool teacher and I would not mind at all if a family wanted to add me. I can see why some people want to keep that part of their lives separate though. I would never add a family first though.

Yellowlily333
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I am okay with it, but am not this year.

Unicorn1110
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Use the email she gave you not face book. You would be bothering her unless she has a face book page just for parents and students.  She and yourself are entitled to a private life. I won't even be friends with a coworker. You are not responsible for what others post on your page and their views might not reflect your values. Do you want to be judged for what others post? 

aprilmom73
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I become friends with my kids' teachers on facebook after they have already been in their class. And not many of their teachers use facebook anyway.

bizeemommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I am FB friends with the teachers but I also work at the school so it is just friends.  I don't talk to them about my children or ask school questions on FB.   I contact them thru email if there is a problem.  On FB they are just friends not teachers.

azeventdiva
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Just use her email

blakesmommy531
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I am friends with his preschool teachers, but I am not with his current K teacher. I don't think she even has a fb, but we text all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blakesmommy531
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM
But, to answer your question, I would just use the email she provided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I woudnt friend my kids teacher on FB i only converse with her thru written notes or her school email address we got at the beginning of the yr. i dont think of her as a friend its a professional relationship and that is it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN