Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strollers with higher weight limit??

Posted by   + Show Post

Any recommendations on stroller with a higher weight limit?  Preferably over 55lbs or more...and not too expensive?  Thanks!!  

AND PLEASE - No negative comments, thanks!!  :) 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Replies (11-17):
zolanmel
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Have fun and a safe trip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I HATED this issue. My kids are all tall and bulky. I had one compact stroller, but my MIL got rid of it on me and I was TICKED. It was only a bit bigger than an umbrella but went to 60 lbs was reclining the whole 9 yards, I loved it. Anyway, besides the travel systems, alot of the smaller strollers don't hold alot of weight and most umbrella styles only go to 30-40 lbs. Atleast they did when I needed one 2 yrsd ago. My 6 month old at the time was too tall for the thing. Thats the problem, if she's so tall, you're gonna have a problem with her hitting her head on the umbrella part. I wound up getting a jeep traveling/jogging stroller and LOVE IT. BUT caution....no matter what you get be VERY careful with it at the plane. airlines tend to just toss them around and they get broken alot. See if you can rent one for however long you will be in boston

lynnboo123
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I appreciate the suggestion of the car seat travel cart.  But I also need to be able to walk all around downtown Boston with her.  I don't want her car seat that close to the ground.  I would love to get a BoB or a MacLaren, but those just aren't in our budget right now.  I am trying to see if any friends have ones I could borrow.  :)

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I love britax products.  But antoher one to look at is the MacLaren Volo!  Its small, lightweight and has a weight limit up to 55lbs!  My 5yo isn't that heavy yeT LOL

HTMommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM

HEY I just found this! Seriously I would think about it Its a rental agency for the greater boston area!

Here is the link

I'd just hate for you to get a nice new stroller and then have it broken by the airlines

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:53 AM

I have Mclaren strollers, they go up to 55lbs, even the double (55lbs on each side).

izzysmom1009
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM
I'm in Boston! U can borrow one of my strollers. I have joggers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)