Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

For all the people who don't like NICK MOM

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 117 Replies

I was on facebook and saw THIS...thought I'd share it.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetone44_2004
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I have yet to see nick mom but from what I am reading I don't think I will even try to see what it's all about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I have not seen it yet, lol

spykgurlcom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I quit fb. It's relieving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iheartmycinco
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I have not seen it. My kids go to sleep watching nick Jr. They go to bed at 8. I can only hope they ate asleep by 10. I'm going to have to see if their tvs have sleep timers. Did you see the comment about the lady walking in and they were talking about penis's and such. This is ridiculous. My youngest would run out screaming if there was something on other than cartoons so I'm sure they are asleep. I don't have qubo or Disney Jr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HTMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

yea its a bit obscene at times....the line up is this...."Parental Discretion with Stephanie" and talks about various topics last night was how to be sexy after having a baby. tonight is transition from pregnancy to childbirth to new parenthood.

Then is "what was carol brady thinking?" and its a comedy? about how she dealt with issues in the show or some such crap.

Then NICKMOM night out...and its a performance show, with various acts tonight is Robin Fox, Jared Logan, Calise Hawkins and Sherry Davey in NYC

last is MFF-Mom Friends Forever and its a reality show about moms in different situations. Divorcees meeting at their daughters graduations and a couple trying to get some alone time.

Then it just replays again so its not TERRIBLE, but some things can be inappropriate

Quoting sweetone44_2004:

I have yet to see nick mom but from what I am reading I don't think I will even try to see what it's all about.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I only just found out about it from the other post, but from what I've read on the station list itself, it doesn't seem all that bad kwim?

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I have not seen it yet, lol

HTMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have thought about it more than once. But I never go through with it lol

Quoting spykgurlcom:

I quit fb. It's relieving.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Read my one reply with the line up....the titles are more disturbing than the show content really. If you have nickjr do you have any of the other nick channels? NICK2 has the nick at night lineup, but ntoon which is nicktoons, has all cartoons 24/7 its the cartoons for kids a little older, but still better than other options, what about sprout? They usually go hand in hand with the nick package

Quoting iheartmycinco:

I have not seen it. My kids go to sleep watching nick Jr. They go to bed at 8. I can only hope they ate asleep by 10. I'm going to have to see if their tvs have sleep timers. Did you see the comment about the lady walking in and they were talking about penis's and such. This is ridiculous. My youngest would run out screaming if there was something on other than cartoons so I'm sure they are asleep. I don't have qubo or Disney Jr.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Thank you for posting. I am glad I'm not the only parent that sees this as a problem.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM

This is what I'm hoping too, that Caden would run to me if his shows weren't on.......he didn't say anything so I'm assuming he was asleep!

Quoting iheartmycinco:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)