Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Could use some tips please!!!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

any tips on how to get my 2 and a half year old little girl potty trained? she will sit on the potty bottomless for like 2 seconds and then findsit funny to run around the house naked. she has not desire to do anything in the potty at all. she's not afraid of it, just won't do anything in it. GRRR!!frustrated

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM
My daughter was the same way. She I started a sticker/star chart. I started giving her stars for sitting on the potty for a certain amount of time. Then the stickers when she used it.

When she didn't want to try I stopped for a few days then restarted it. It took a while but one morning she decided that she wanted up use it. She hated wet undies so that was a big help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Any reason not to let her run naked for awhile each day? Or maybe just in her undies? Maybe the amount of undressing is overwhelming to her? Just some thoughts.

AshleyD.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Ladies, you won't believe this, but she did want her underwear on today so I let her thinking she'd just wet them anyway, but I went upstairs to use the bathroom and I left her potty chair downstairs so it would be easier access for her... No sooner than I come down the stairs from my own business, I see her sitting on her potty, undies down... and she actually USED the potty!!! I couldn't bellieve it!!! Thank you for the advise and I'll be sure to keep it in mind just in case she doesn't decide to make this a habit.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I let my son run around in just a shirt and left the potty chair close to where we were sitting. He would go use it when he needed to.

mbittles1384
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I did the sticker chart and let her go bottomless she picked it up in 3 days before then I tried for months, nothing so I think doing the stickers helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I would take a break from it and try again in a few weeks. Also maybe offer a treat when she goes. I started with having my kids sit at every diaper change, before we went places, ect. Offered an m&m for going potty. With my youngest we tried several times to train her and she wouldn't want to and would fight us so we took a break and when we tried again she was basically trained after the first few days when she was ready. She was a little over 2 1/2 at the time

AshleyD.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

ok, update... she has gone potty a total of 4 times today!!! YAY!!! I guess she wet all 3 pairs of her undies (only 1 while I was home) so she had to go back to a diaper for the night and i guess my fiancee said she was not very happy about it. lol i'm hoping and praying that this becomes more frequent. thanks for all the tips ladies!!! xoxoxo

PEEK05
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Sorry I'm not sure.  My daughter was like that until I put her in panties.  She did not like peeing herself, so she potty trained quickly.  Here's a bump.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Yay, glad to hear she has been going potty!

AtiFreeFalls
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM

What I did was I left the potty out where she was all the time (living room, wherever you guys spend the majority of your time together), left her diaper off and waited.  I was cleaning up pee and poop off the floor until she decided to use the potty, but she DID decide to use the potty. 

Honestly, though, I wouldn't recommend that unless you have hardwood floors lol.  I'd recommend putting a diaper back on her and letting her decide when she is ready.  Try once a mont or so until she decides to use the potty.  If she has friends the same age, let her see them using the potty.  Talk about "When you're a big girl and use the potty, we can (insert reward here)"  Some people recommend getting a "potty doll", which is a special doll that she gets to see use the potty.  Encourage her to teach her doll to use the potty, and sometimes teaching the doll will help it click in her head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN