Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Name something you miss before having had kids

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 128 Replies

Is there ANYTHING that you miss about yourself or things you used to do or whatever before having had kids?

I miss packing up and just going wherever, whenever without any notice at all and without making arrangements for it to happen.  I love my kiddies though. :)

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM
8 moms liked this

freedom to take a shower with nobody peeking in at you

sdmermaid
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I miss that, too!  Hubby and I would go down to Mexico for a weekend on a whim, but not any more.  I miss sleeping in on the weekends.  But trading that for early morning wake up snuggles seems fair.  Also going out to movies.  I'm a huge movie fan, and really miss seeing these big movies on the big screen with Red Vines and Pop Corn.  But again, being able to drink wine at home while watching is nice, too.  

lauraschatz
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM
5 moms liked this
sleeping in, going out and being irresponsible every now and then, watching what I want on TV, and having sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cannonsmommy
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
All of this except for the last one because we still have a lot of sex. Thankfully our ds is a heavy sleeper

Quoting lauraschatz:

sleeping in, going out and being irresponsible every now and then, watching what I want on TV, and having sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Love
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
SEX whenever wherever! And being able to just get up and go at any moment without it being a battle lol. Although I love my babies way too much to go back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arthistmom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I miss uninterrupted, grown-up conversation that made no mention of kids or anything related to kids. Also, time to read for pleasure, romantic getaways and traveling in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Oh yeah, I miss all the movies!

Quoting sdmermaid:

I miss that, too!  Hubby and I would go down to Mexico for a weekend on a whim, but not any more.  I miss sleeping in on the weekends.  But trading that for early morning wake up snuggles seems fair.  Also going out to movies.  I'm a huge movie fan, and really miss seeing these big movies on the big screen with Red Vines and Pop Corn.  But again, being able to drink wine at home while watching is nice, too.  

nodramamama311
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
8 moms liked this
I miss being able to just run to the store without having to get someone in and out of a carseat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this
going to the bathroom alone EVERYTIME
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember ever not having a child to care for, that was way too far back in my childhood, so I can't really answer. My kids don't really keep me from doing anything I don't want to do, we include them in almost everything and just make it child friendly. We just pack up and go all the time, we do have to wait until there isn't school however, but the same thing would happen if we didn't have kids since we would still have work. Last summer my husband and I all of a sudden just really wanted to go to NYC, never had been before, within an hour we had a backpack packed for everyone, went down to the bus station, four hours later we were in time square. My four year old loved the elephants at the zoo. The kids love our surprise trips and events.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)