Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Dragons at night?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
  • 18 Replies
How do I convince my 3yo there are not dragons hiding in the dark at night? This is new along with a general increase in fear lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devoesgirl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Not sure but it must be the age because mine just started to be skared of things too. Especially the dark and his bedroom at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:45 AM
3 moms liked this
For ds, he is almost 4. We yell (yes yell) "monsters(dragons, etc) you know you are not allowed to play in here at night, you keep mason awake, now go play in mommy and daddys closet (under bed, etc) , now go, now. No excuses, move it." And I have him tell them the same. so far it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillymumof2
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My lo used to have bad nightmares. He became petrified about monsters under under the bed and in his closet. (He has the double sliding door closet. Double closet too so there r 4 doors) we got him a n army bear-bear with army print -and told him the army bear will keep him safe from all imaginary creatures. We stress that they aren't real. But when he gets scared and feels that they r there, to turn on a light, hold army bear real tight and tell them that he's not scared! And then do a really silly move. Kids think that monsters are there to scared them. So if they don't let monsters scare then and" make the monsters giggle" then they won't come back.

This was a thing my lo helped me create. Being silly was his idea to get rid of the monsters and it's worked for him. Now he still does thus to keep monsters away from his little brother. They share a room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

get him a dragon spray, let him watch how to train your dragon so he knows theyre not scary my 3 yr old loves that show

PEEK05
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hmm....I'm not sure.  Here is a bump.

HTMommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Make him/her a knight to vanquish them!

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting HTMommy:

Make him/her a knight to vanquish them!

Good idea. this combined with the "vanish spray" might just work! 

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

my son has stuffed puppies he sleeps with. when he started going through similar things at bed time I would make sure to have the puppies "Scare" away anything. it worked for him.

preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
We have gone through a lot. Our older dd has my sleep issues, including sleep walking, talking, night terrors, and nightmares. We keep her closet tied shut (they watched Monsters Inc at daycare, now the monsters are tied up in the closet) there is a light on, she has stuffed animals that protect her, and moving our younger dd into the room seemed to help dispel some of the worst monster issues. She also has a "sword" that gets rid of all monsters.
4Lildoodlebugs
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM

tell him that is a kid dragon....and he had to go home and take a nap...or go to bed for the night....his momma was missing him....so he cant come back anymore bc he didnt ask to go that far.  

Good luck      my son has nightmares, he actually remembers them he tells DH and I wha tthey are about, they are silly but to him they are scary. I just let him know its all a dream and it not real.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)