Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: anyone have any suggestions on fruit my son loves Watermelon...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

anyone have any suggestions on fruit.... my son loves Watermelon but can't get good watermelon this time of year. I tried honeydo melon, grapes, pears, apples & mandarian oranges & he just wont eat them

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I'm not sure cuz my kids love all the stuff you listed. Maybe try mixing it in oatmeal or something like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Cantaloupe, strawberries, bananas

dearg76
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM

strawberries, papaya  

Dom813
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestions... I tried bananas and strawberries this past weekend & he wouldn't eat it. I'll' have to keep offering it until he tried it

misfitdiva
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

How old is he?

Dom813
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

14 months old

misfitdiva
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Did he used to eat these foods and all of sudden stop?

Dom813
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Yes, some of them mixed in his food. I'm trying to get him to pick them up with his fingers. When I try to feed him these, he spits them out of his mouth. Picky little boy he is

misfitdiva
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

You could try giving these to him at the beginning of a meal as the only things on his tray.  He will be really hungry so he may do it on his own.  Also, try cutting pieces small and mixing with cheerios.  I know sounds weird but cheerios is a fav snack for most kids and the tiny fruit (even a little mashed) sticks to the o's so they get the taste of the fruit with the o's and then work you way up to bigger and bigger chunks. 

My daughter has autism.  This worked with her. She didnt like the texture of the fruit.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)