Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Sexual harrassment at dd's school - **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

This may get a little long, but I will try and keep this as short as possible - I just could really use some advice right now.

My 4 year old dd is in Pre-K.  She attends the After School program in the afternoons for 2 hours until I get off work and pick her up.  There is a little boy in her after school class, C, who we've had a few issues with since the first day of school.  The first day I picked my dd up and she was crying.  Apparently, C had pushed her, pulled her hair and kissed her on the mouth.  She tried to push him off of her, in which the teacher put them both in time out.  I immediately brought it up to the owner of the school and she admitted to me that they've had some behavior issues with this child in the past.  So bad, apparently, that his parents have had to come and pick him up several times.

A couple of weeks later, my dd tells me that he kissed her again.  I immediately called the school and they told me that they would be talking with his parents about it.

Yesterday I go to pick her up, and discover that she has a new after school teacher, Mrs. T.  She was also my dd's teacher last year when she was in daycare, so we know her very well and love her to pieces.  She loves my dd and tells me that my dd is very special to her.

I take the opportunity to inform her about the problems that we have had with C and to please keep an eye on my dd.  She then told me that last week, C's parents had to come and pick him up because on the playground, he had pinned another little girl down and was trying to pull her clothes off.  Needless to say, I'm beyond shocked and no longer want this child anywhere near my daughter.

Here's my problem.  I know this teacher wasn't supposed to tell me this information, however, because we have had several problems with him these past few weeks, I don't want to take any chances at him doing something like this to my child.  It's obvious that he has issues, and I'm really upset that the school is still allowing him back each day.  I want to tell the school that I want them separated and I don't want my dd in the same class as him, but I also don't want to get the teacher in trouble.  More importantly, I don't want to risk something happening to my dd, because if he tries to kiss her again, my husband and I have agreed that we would press charges against the parents for sexual harrassment.  This boy is extremely aggressive and it's really starting to worry me.

Changing schools is not an option at this point (obviously, worst case scenario we would, but that would be our last resort).  WWYD if you were in this situation?

**UPDATE**

I called the main office for the Head Start program, which oversees the state's Pre-K program and spoke with a very nice lady there.  I explained to her what's going on and even she was curious as to why the child is still able to attend school.  She said that she was going to find out who's jurisdiction the school is under and have them conduct an investigation to get to the bottom of what's going on.  I requested to remain anonymous and the lady told me that she would call me to update me once she knows what actions they will take (investigation, etc.). If they feel that something is going on at home with this child, they will involve DFCS at that time.

In the mean time, I will be talking with the owner today and tell her that I've spoken with other parents and heard that he was involved in yet another incident and that I am requesting he be removed from my daughter's after school class.  If they move him, great, if not.. well, I don't think telling them I've already reported them is going to do anything but make a big ass stink.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I know a lot of things, and this boy needs something more than somebody hovering over him all day long.  He needs counseling and somebody needs to look at the parents to see why he's acting this way.  Your suggestion is beyond ridiculous.

Quoting Mipsy:

Lol, very serious. Shows how you know very little about stuff. Many kids get aides for various needs and reasons in school.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Are you serious? Who is going to pay somebody to watch him 24/7?  I've never even heard of such a thing.  The child needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into.

Quoting Mipsy:

It sounds like the kid has some issues of some sort. But I don't think kicking him out of school is appropriate. I think he needs his own aide to supervise him at all times.

Mipsy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Ok, let's just kick him out of school and wipe our hands of him. Yeah, cuz that sounds reasonable *eyeroll*

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

I know a lot of things, and this boy needs something more than somebody hovering over him all day long.  He needs counseling and somebody needs to look at the parents to see why he's acting this way.  Your suggestion is beyond ridiculous.

Quoting Mipsy:

Lol, very serious. Shows how you know very little about stuff. Many kids get aides for various needs and reasons in school.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Are you serious? Who is going to pay somebody to watch him 24/7?  I've never even heard of such a thing.  The child needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into.

Quoting Mipsy:

It sounds like the kid has some issues of some sort. But I don't think kicking him out of school is appropriate. I think he needs his own aide to supervise him at all times.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Do you lack reading comprehension skills or are you just conveniently skipping over where I have REPEATEDLY said he needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into?  Oh, of course, that wouldn't go with your little idea to monitor him 24/7 instead of get him the help that he obviously needs.

Quoting Mipsy:

Ok, let's just kick him out of school and wipe our hands of him. Yeah, cuz that sounds reasonable *eyeroll*

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

corrinacs
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Let's keep it clean gals.

But I am more with you MyLittlePwny.  That's totally NOT normal and def. needs to be looked into.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Do you lack reading comprehension skills or are you just conveniently skipping over where I have REPEATEDLY said he needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into?  Oh, of course, that wouldn't go with your little idea to monitor him 24/7 instead of get him the help that he obviously needs.

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Mipsy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM
You're just pissed someone doesn't agree with you that he needs kicked put of school. I never said he didn't need counseling, but he doesn't need kicked out of school. I'm done with you. You have made up your little narrow mind.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I could care less if you agree with me or not. I still think your answer was beyond stupid. That's all.

Quoting Mipsy:

You're just pissed someone doesn't agree with you that he needs kicked put of school. I never said he didn't need counseling, but he doesn't need kicked out of school. I'm done with you. You have made up your little narrow mind.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Keep us informed please. 

I'm sorry that you and your daughter are going through this. I hope things work out for the best of you and your daughter and that little boy. There is obviously something going on that is causing this behavior. Whether it be mentally with him or at his home. At least to me anyway. I could be wrong. 

nikki4eva88
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM
So far there's no update. But thanks for the bump!

Quoting nikki4eva88:

Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mbittles1384
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I wonder if this is happening to him at home and that's why he feels its ok to do it to kids at school. Maybe cps would need to get involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)