Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

SO PAINFUL!!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone else find it absolute torture watching your kids try and do work books?!?! I bought my preschooler a few work books from staples because he just loves to learn. But it is SO hard for me to sit here and watch him/help when he just doesn't understand certain things!! I think I'm going to need a rx for xanax!! lol and we're only in preschool..aahhh!!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Haha! I don't have my little one doing work books yet. And my older one can do that stuff just fine. But I know what you mean... it can be frustrating watching them do something they don't quite have the hang of yet. Hang in there, mama!

othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I help them with them and make sure they know how to do them before I let them have them. Atleast until they are older. Home work and stuff is still frustrating with the older ones though

corrinacs
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:46 PM

You are doine fine :) :).  I don't follow workbooks, but I will use them.  I teach my children my own curriculum and use the worksheets as supplements.

If they get to something they don't understand....try to teach them outside of the book or hold off and teach them alter and save the page.

sweetone44_2004
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM
How crazy I just bought my 3.5 dd 2 work books yesterday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michellej428
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

We just do the work books for fun! He's in his second year of preschool so he knows everything that's in the pre-k work books. Now we are moving on to the kindergarten books! I guess it's just hard for me because to me it's so easy but hard to explain and teach certain things at the same time. I don't know if that makes any sense lol. Just going to have to learn some more patience I guess!

Quoting corrinacs:

You are doine fine :) :).  I don't follow workbooks, but I will use them.  I teach my children my own curriculum and use the worksheets as supplements.

If they get to something they don't understand....try to teach them outside of the book or hold off and teach them alter and save the page.

Wendsdy
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:27 PM

My Daughter just started kindergarten homework. Yikes! I read the first few pages of this math homework and I just didn't get it. I thought...oh no! Its only kindergarten. Then I asked my two friends to look at it (one who is a RN) and both with kids in school. They couldn't understand most pages either. I talked to the teacher...and she said ....well, in not these exact words but that the book makes no sense. Its a CA thing I guess but they are required to give them these workbooks but even the teacher is confused by it. Now I don't feel so bad! I thought...ok, if I can't handle kindergarten my poor kids are going to be in real trouble!

corrinacs
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I know the feeling.  I wish I could have stayed home to teach my Caden.....I'm thinking about doing that for Leo....he's just not where I'd like him to be (not that I'd push him that hard).  We got this test in and I feel like Leo's so far behind because I'm not there.  I don't know how much "teaching" his infant room does or anything eiether.  I know they read to him, etc.

Good lukc :)

Quoting michellej428:

We just do the work books for fun! He's in his second year of preschool so he knows everything that's in the pre-k work books. Now we are moving on to the kindergarten books! I guess it's just hard for me because to me it's so easy but hard to explain and teach certain things at the same time. I don't know if that makes any sense lol. Just going to have to learn some more patience I guess!

Quoting corrinacs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)