Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Push Trike? Anyone have one?? Need Rec.

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
So I'm lurking here but figured you guys would be better suited for this question! I was going to get my daughter a little push trike thingy like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003DRHYZQ/ref=aw_d_iv_toys-and-games?is=l&qid=1349524199&sr=8-29. I'm looking more at the Smart Trike 4in1 but they had a few that weren't out on display to try so I'm looking to see what you guys have and like/don't like. My DD is almost 11 months and I'm getting it for her bday. I haven't found a ton of reviews on the ones I'm looking at. Thanks in advance mamas!
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I bought this.

http://www.step2.com/p/Push-Around-Buggy

And used it as my stroller. We took it to the zoo, the mall, the library, etc. my son is 28 months (but as big as a 3 yr old) and he still uses it! It was worth every penny!

The one you mentioned looks fun. I saw them at the store once. I couldn't justify getting one though because we have a Kettler push trike which my son just now started to show interest in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I've never used one but here's a bump.

shadow_lark
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Dd has one. Im not sure of the brand, but they're all pretty much the same. i really like it for the most part. one thing that really irritated me though is that the foot rests are too close to the pedals, so when your baby gets to that phase where their l legs are a just a little too long for the foot rest but not long enough for.the pedals its very easy to get their feet caught under the pedals and run them over. its also hard to adjust the height on the bike yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM
We have this one. I really like it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BWITGG

I read all the reviews and this one has the best. It's well made and easy to steer. Ds is short, I can't remember how tall, 20-something inches, 30th% for height, and he can almost reach the pedals, but not quite.

My friend has the one by either fischer-price or playskool - it's that hollow plastic material, pink and purple - and you can't steer it from the parent handle so you end up bending over to steer from the kid handles or constantly lifting the front wheel up to turn. Not good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:52 AM

my gf has the one that you are looking at. her last baby was a surprise. i love little tykes toys!!! they guarantee everything that they make. all you have to do is call the 800 number!!! when my oldest was little, she had trike by them. one piece kept breaking. i would just call them up, they sent me a new piece. they took it off the market. it had a design flaw. they gave the choice of three different things to replace it. heck i still have things that my girls played with, that my grandkids are now playing with

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)