Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

If you are a vaccinating family, do you get upset if there are non-vaccinated kids in your LOs preschool?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 977 Replies

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gbcmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
17 moms liked this
This is a very touchy subject. I vax. I would prefer that all kids be vaxxed. But.....there is not a thing I can do about it. I have family that does not vax, we have learned after many fights, we just don't talk about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM
9 moms liked this
But to answer your question. Yes, I would be upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaSerenity
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
68 moms liked this
I don't vaccinate so I understand this question isn't directed to me. However, I have to point out that a child's vaccination status is NOT any other parents business. Its personal no matter which side you choose. I don't understand why this would be public knowledge for someone else to become upset over. It isn't anyone's business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
12 moms liked this

How would you know if they are or not

PEEK05
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:34 AM
7 moms liked this

I agree.  I don't think it's anyone's business to know who is and who is not vaccinated at school.

Quoting EvaSerenity:

I don't vaccinate so I understand this question isn't directed to me. However, I have to point out that a child's vaccination status is NOT any other parents business. Its personal no matter which side you choose. I don't understand why this would be public knowledge for someone else to become upset over. It isn't anyone's business.

meglennox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM
8 moms liked this
No? I honestly dont really think or care about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM
9 moms liked this

They wear neon signs according to some, lol

Quoting othermom:

How would you know if they are or not

aimhawk
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

This.

Quoting meglennox:

No? I honestly dont really think or care about it.

gbcmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM
22 moms liked this
Let me rephrase my answer. Yes, it bothers me because of the reasoning behind it. Not because I think a nonvax kid is gonna get my kid sick. I do not agree with the lies. And yes it is lying!!!! How many nonvax parent can just say, I don't vax because I choose not to? You can't, because the law won't allow it. You have to find a doc that will sign a waiver stating it is against your religious briefs. When 90% of nonvax go to the same church vaxers go to. So you are forced to lie to keep your kids in school or daycare. Not all, but some that I know pretty much treat their children with all otc mess because they can't even get a ped to see their children because a lot of peds in our area will not see nonvaxed kids. So they otc meds and an er as their primary doc. So please by all means tell me what religion says it is agaisnt vaxxing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
17 moms liked this

Here in Washington state, we have waivers for medical and personal beliefs as well.  I don't vaccinate and my doctor just signs a form saying they gave me the information about vaccines and I refused to do them.  That's it.

Quoting gbcmom:

Let me rephrase my answer. Yes, it bothers me because of the reasoning behind it. Not because I think a nonvax kid is gonna get my kid sick. I do not agree with the lies. And yes it is lying!!!! How many nonvax parent can just say, I don't vax because I choose not to? You can't, because the law won't allow it. You have to find a doc that will sign a waiver stating it is against your religious briefs. When 90% of nonvax go to the same church vaxers go to. So you are forced to lie to keep your kids in school or daycare. Not all, but some that I know pretty much treat their children with all otc mess because they can't even get a ped to see their children because a lot of peds in our area will not see nonvaxed kids. So they otc meds and an er as their primary doc. So please by all means tell me what religion says it is agaisnt vaxxing?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN