Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

If you are a vaccinating family, do you get upset if there are non-vaccinated kids in your LOs preschool?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Replies (551-560):
Mipsy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I believe this is the vaccine court she Is talking about. It also has statistics of cases that have been proven the injuries came from vaccine. This yr alone the government has paid out $163,286,998.82 due to vaccine related injuries.

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html
Quoting fallnangel3:

Yes I have. I researched the negative effects. I have no reason to research "vaccine court" and don't see why anyone would. I'm just glad that I live in a part of the counrty that this anti vax movement hasn't reached and my family understands the importance to our community to help protect those who can't protect themselves.

Quoting Randi02:

Are you being serious right now? You have never heard of Federal Vaccine Court?

You might want to do some research on the subject of vaccines. Start with vaccine court (its a US government site), and then check out the injury table. If your injury is on the table, you don't even need to go through the court.

You should also read WHY vaccine court exists. If the people who ran it cared about the wellbeing of those being vaccinated, it wouldn't exist. It was put in place to protect the vaccine companies when mass vaccine programs started.

Have you not done ANY research on this subject at all?1

Quoting fallnangel3:

Vaccine court? Where do you find those? Are they in every county or just a few select ones? Do we elect special vaccine judges or are they hand picked by people who don't care about statistics or the well being of others?

Quoting Randi02:

LOL, not in vaccine court.

The US government doesn't pay out several million dollars over an old report. You have to provide proof. The CDC doesn't have anything to do with vaccine court.

Quoting fallnangel3:

The cdc has said it was one false report in '98 that caused that rumor. Lawyers can use old reports to sue

Quoting Randi02:

Who proved that vaccines don't trigger autism? Why have there been so many multi million dollar payouts in vaccine court for autism, if it has been proven that vaccines cannot trigger it.

Quoting fallnangel3:

they have proven vaccines don't cause autism.

You would think that compasion for others would be enough to vax your kids. To not want to see your kids go through something that could have had a high % of being prevented. To not see your child die or become disabled due to polio. To have younger siblings not have to suffer through whopping cough. But I forgot that our country has became a nation of mes and we have no care for our neighbors.

Quoting AnotherKim:

So we should force our children to be injected with potentually dangerous vaccines, just so her child doesn't have to be? My kids are all vaccinated. My oldest child has autisim. His disability may have been caused by vaccines. What makes her child more important than mine, or any one else on this board?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
knicklets
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I have lived in six different states, We were able to sign a waiver in each state without claiming a religious exemption.  I am guessing that those that think that ONLY a religious exemptions are allowed do not know the laws of other states.

t4w
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, the school itself should not be giving out that info, which children are not vaccinated. BUT, obviuosly parents talk....and that's how that personal info gets out there, and parents judge and create issues.

Each family makes their own decision based upon their knowledge and family values, none to be judged better than anyone elses!!! Yes, be proud of your decision but don't harshly judge others for theirs. We, as parents, ALL have OUR children's best interest in mind!!

zapyes
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not be upset. I vaccinate my kids to protect them from diseases. Besides, do to privacy, how would we know who's vaccinated and who's not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this
How does that put your child at risk? Isn't that why you vaccinate? To protect against these diseases? If you don't believe the vaccines will keep your child safe, why are you getting them?

Quoting gingerprincess:

I would hate to think that there are kids in my son's class that aren't vaccinated. The risk that puts my child at is way too significant. I think that ther least that they should have to do, is let us know that there are unvaccinated kids in the class.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Many pediatricians push circumcision, is that not knowingly harming a child? Lots push formula as well and some argue that is harmful to children as well. And I ask you to do your research because in cases like the pertussis outbreak, it is being found that vaccinated children are who have it and are spreading it.

Quoting punkysmom1125:

If you are talking about diseases vaccines protect against, then yes, it is the ones who are unvaccinated who are potentially making others ill, not to mention becoming sick themselves.

Do you really think pediatricians, who have the least glorious job in medicine and have devoted their lives to children, would knowingly hurt children?

That is insane!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Witness one child die as a result if a vaccine and one sure you'll change your mind as well.

Quoting jamiinvegas:

Yes , 100% Absolutely.  It affects children who are immune compromised or have chronic illnesses such as asthma or diabetes. Also I think it borders on child neglect because the decision not to vaccinate is not scientificaly based and can result in the untimely death of a child or life long debility.  In fact I believe that parents should seek civil damages if a child carries preventable illnesses such as menigitis to a school and infects other children...I would .  The only vaccines I would say are optional are flu after age 5 and hpv 

It may seem harsh but witness one child die of a preventable disease and you might change your mind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chipswife
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
So sorry! 6 months...poor pumpkin must be miserable!
gingerprincess
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting Mipsy:

How does that put your child at risk? Isn't that why you vaccinate? To protect against these diseases? If you don't believe the vaccines will keep your child safe, why are you getting them?

Quoting gingerprincess:

I would hate to think that there are kids in my son's class that aren't vaccinated. The risk that puts my child at is way too significant. I think that ther least that they should have to do, is let us know that there are unvaccinated kids in the class.

My child may not contract the disease because he is vaccinated, but his exposure to it may cause him to bring that germ home, and infect his younger cousins, who are not old enough to vaccinate.

gingerprincess
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Quoting Mipsy:

Witness one child die as a result if a vaccine and one sure you'll change your mind as well.

Witness one child die as a result of NOT getting vaccinated and you'll change yours. Mesales, mumps, rubella, polio, meningitis (sp), and all those other diseases that vaccines protect against DO kill children, nearly everytime, while the instance of death due to vaccinating is much lower.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)