Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

If you are a vaccinating family, do you get upset if there are non-vaccinated kids in your LOs preschool?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, I did get pissed when my son who has only had the first chicken pox vac could have possibly gotten it from the kids who werent vaxed and at his school. Its like hes not old enough to get the second shot. Vax your kids and he wont get it. Just Monday I missed most a day of work to get my son from school because he had spots everywhere. Took him to the dr. to be able to send him back because it was just mosquito bites and chigger bites. No one has seen chicken pox in so long they didnt know its blistery puss filled spots not just red spots. But I was ready to fight some nonvaxing moms for exposing my child to something hes not completely protected against cuz hes still little. and his school is prek-1 and it was an older kid who had it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divaliciousmom3
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Wooooow...well my boys are vaxed however, I wish I did not have to. My boys have severe food allergies. One is allergic to all tree nuts and my youngest is allergic to shellfish, milk and eggs. That alone is enough to stress me as a mom out but finding out after my son would get vaxed and suffer horribly for weeks afterwards, that his ooh so necessary vaxes are EGG BASED, is enough to send me over the edge! Be upset if you want to. Since there are no egg less alternatives, my son has to suffer. I'm upset too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegG25
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
7 moms liked this

No this is a very personal decision for families and it should be kept that way.  There shouldn't be any discrimination against a child either way.  So to answer your question no, I don't care if they are not vaccinated.

ProudMommy51006
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM
34 moms liked this
Here's the thing....if you vax then why would you care if I don't? Your kid is protected, right??

Ohhh but the vax isn't a 100% sure thing? Okay then....don't have your kids around ANY other kids cause vaxed or not, they could get something and pass it on. Better buy a bubble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM
4 moms liked this

As long as your child is vaxed why does it matter if someone elses child is not? Your child is 'protected', so why is it your business anyway?

mommysince2010
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM
3 moms liked this

no. aren't vax supposed to protect from things anyways?

luckystars2012
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

No, as long as none of the kids in the class have compromised immune systems.  

I do not allow kids who are not vaxed into my home due to me having family members with compromised immune systems who spend time here regularly. 

ragitty
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I would want to be aware that there are unvaxxed kids in ds's class, but I would not want to know the names of the children.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM
13 moms liked this

people who are vaccinated against chicken pox can actually infect other people because that vaccine is a live virus and can shed after it's been given. And generally chicken pox isn't serious. Both my son and his cousin were happier while they had it and are sad they won't be getting it again.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Yes, I did get pissed when my son who has only had the first chicken pox vac could have possibly gotten it from the kids who werent vaxed and at his school. Its like hes not old enough to get the second shot. Vax your kids and he wont get it. Just Monday I missed most a day of work to get my son from school because he had spots everywhere. Took him to the dr. to be able to send him back because it was just mosquito bites and chigger bites. No one has seen chicken pox in so long they didnt know its blistery puss filled spots not just red spots. But I was ready to fight some nonvaxing moms for exposing my child to something hes not completely protected against cuz hes still little. and his school is prek-1 and it was an older kid who had it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)