Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

cold nights

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 17 Replies
How do you keep your toddlers warm at night? IDK if socks and long johns will be enough at night. They don't keep their 4x4 blankets on. Bigger blankets maybe? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the same issue. I put a onesie under a footsie pj.   This has been enough so far.

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Those things are expensive! $8 at Walmart and I'd have to buy for twins. $8 for let's say 4 each, they can.wear them 2 nights since they bathe every night and change in the morning. That's $64!!! $36 isn't so bad, but twice that amount is like...stfu! Lol

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I have the same issue. I put a onsie under a footsie pj.   This has been enough so far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Warm footie jammies, here! My kids are 4 and 5 and still wear them October to April.

Edited to add...i have to buy two sets, too...you can find carters two packs at Walmart for $9-$10. I don't buy those anymore but they are a good deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
my son in the winter sleeps with long pants and tshirt sometimes long sleeve. He has 2 baby blankets, 1 twin conforter and 1 adult size fleece blanket. He LOVES blankets tho. When he was little we just did feetie pjs.

Dd we put her in a onesie and then in a fleece zip up "bag" she's 3months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

If they kick off blankets, its probably because they are warm, so whatever you are doing now is fine :).  Unless they are complaining that they are cold

bpryce
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Footie pajamas or long pajamas with socks. We also keep a space heater in the bedrooms just at night so the temperature never drops to low in our rooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

How old are your kids?  That makes a big difference.

My boys are now 3 & 4.  Last winter we used heaters in their rooms to keep the temp higher (older house with regulation issues.)  This year we are not using them--they are starting to use blankets (large, normal size ones.)

mariesmama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

give them sleeping bags thosere my blankets my 3 yr old has an adult sleeping bag

sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quoting BramblePatch:

Warm footie jammies, here! My kids are 4 and 5 and still wear them October to April.

Edited to add...i have to buy two sets, too...you can find carters two packs at Walmart for $9-$10. I don't buy those anymore but they are a good deal.

Yes, try Walmart.  Also, you can always find them super cheap at the end of the season.  Children's place has them as cheap as $3.  At least you'll be prepared for next winter.  

GremlinMom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM
The twins are 18 months, #3 is 4 months. They don't kick the blankets off, they don't know how to keep them on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN