Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do you have any traditions?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

Not just for holidays- but for anything really?

For each of my kids (all 5) had Winnie the Pooh theme- from bedding to baby book to 1st birthday.

All 3 of my boys went as Superman for their first Halloween.

Every Thanksgiving & Christmas I make cinnamon rolls for breakfast & then we have frozen pizza for dinner when we get home from all the running around.

While the kids are with their dad on Thansgiving day I put up the tree & some other decorations & make cookies. Then when they get home they decorate the tree & ice (& eat) the cookies!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Greekmama21
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

We have too many to list and your traditions sound fun but I don't think I could look in the mirror if I gave my kids frozen pizza- on Christmas of all days. I think it's fun and cute for you but I don't think I could do it! 

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Those are cute traditions! We don't have any really, at least not yet.  

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
We have some traditions for the holidays. On Thanksgiving we watch the Macy parade and decorate our tree. But with DH not home for the holiday we celebrate with our dinner when he's home the following weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
We dont really have any.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee205
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I feel like when my kids are a little older, it may be easier to start traditions.  I'm looking forward to having some.  We never really did any special traditions while I was growing up, so I want to make new ones with my kids.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Eh....not really.

Liz0808
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM
We always open one present on Christmas eve and it is always pj's. We did this when I was little so we didn't have ratty old pj's on in pictures! Also, as long as I can remember my dad has got us a glass Christmas ornament every year. I love them. Smaller traditions or I guess more habits are Max and I usually go to breakfast a couple Saturday's a month by ourselves and let daddy sleep in. Max likes to go to the "coffee store".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:23 AM
We always buy new Christmas pyjamas then open one present on Xmas eve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM
For Halloween I take dd to the pumkin patch and I also take dd to get her Halloween pics taken(2nd yr in a row we do this.hopefully when we move to maryland we could continue to uphold this tradition.
For Thanksgiving we watch the thanksgiving day parade and then eat later on.

For Christmas I take dd to get her Christmas pics taken in the beginning of the month.then I take her to take her pic with santa.I like the whole getting a new PJ set for Christmas morning I might start this tradition this yr.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkdgrneyes
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM

No, we are making our own as we go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)