Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
Literally every two Weeks, like clock work, my 2 year old son gets sick and runs fevers all weekend long. I give him vitamins and every night before bed I give him a bath cause been at daycare all day long. I don't know what to give him or what to do because I can't miss work or school (I'm in nursing school) every two Weeks. Anyone have any advice?

Nasty comments not needed. Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
OBImomma
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
This happened to us last year when my oldest went to preschool. It was awful. We use the little critter vitamins which did help. The pedi said it was bc he was in preschool and it just happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifferlicious
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Did you buy it at Walmart or online

Quoting Gweneveer:

I went thru this with my dd last year only she would barely even make it a week before getting sick again. I went out and purchased nature's way powdered probiotics and gave them to her every day. She never got sick the rest of the year. Not kidding. I highly recommend them. Gl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What kind of sickness is he getting?  Is it cold-like with coughing and boogers? 

My son had that problem and it was related to daycare with all the germs coupled with his allergies :/.  He has really bad environmental and food allergies.  When he's on his meds for allergies, he's pretty good for a while :).

Good luck and I hope this phase ends for you soon!

tifferlicious
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
He does have allergies, but not from food. It's mainly fevers every two Weeks with a cold.

Quoting corrinacs:

What kind of sickness is he getting?  Is it cold-like with coughing and boogers? 

My son had that problem and it was related to daycare with all the germs coupled with his allergies :/.  He has really bad environmental and food allergies.  When he's on his meds for allergies, he's pretty good for a while :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM
My guess is the allergies then. Is he allergic to dust, pollen, or mold? That time frame is probably how long he can fight it off on his own. I would try vitamin c and Claritin daily
Also, is the tummy pain new or recurrent? My youngest two have digestive problems and we're just figuring out its from food allergies, namely gluten.

Quoting tifferlicious:

He does have allergies, but not from food. It's mainly fevers every two Weeks with a cold.

Quoting corrinacs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I would make a doctor appointment

tifferlicious
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM
They have given him a allergy test and theysaid he wasn't allergic to anything, when when I was pregnant with him I had abad allergic reaction to mold from my husband and I putting furniture in a non climate control storage unit and I'm not allergic to anything. Lol I have Clairtin daily for him, but doctor said it was as needed. I'm starting to give that to him now, maybe every other day

Quoting arkansasmama08:

My guess is the allergies then. Is he allergic to dust, pollen, or mold? That time frame is probably how long he can fight it off on his own. I would try vitamin c and Claritin daily

Also, is the tummy pain new or recurrent? My youngest two have digestive problems and we're just figuring out its from food allergies, namely gluten.

Quoting tifferlicious:

Quoting corrinacs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:50 PM
his system has to build up to fight off all the germs.. i thank in time as he gets older he will get better.i know my twins were same way.
SarahSuzyQ
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I have to say that my son was constantly sick when he first started school... Just a lot of exposure to a lot of new germs.

Still, with the tummy ache and all, it seems good that you're following up with the doctor. Hopefully the tests he/she runs will help you get a handle on what is happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Ive learned (the hard way) that the tests aren't always accurate. Dd has food allergies she was tested for. All came back negative but she has obvious reactions. Ds had the same experience. Just saying...

Quoting tifferlicious:

They have given him a allergy test and theysaid he wasn't allergic to anything, when when I was pregnant with him I had abad allergic reaction to mold from my husband and I putting furniture in a non climate control storage unit and I'm not allergic to anything. Lol I have Clairtin daily for him, but doctor said it was as needed. I'm starting to give that to him now, maybe every other day

Quoting arkansasmama08:

Quoting tifferlicious:

Quoting corrinacs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN